Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Precihole Indian Partnership

Thumbs down

I'm thinking that the Turkish guns are looking and getting better every model ...... not too keen on spending my money on an over priced AA
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Indian guns of any kind (like their cars and motorbikes) haven’t historically had a great reputation. To put it mildly.

Of course we should keep an open mind, and maybe AA’s involvement will bear dividends in terms of quality.

But not holding my breath.
    At least the old Royal Enfields big singles look nice unlike some of the guns the make
    Last edited by joffy; 25-02-2024 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Smelling pisstake

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Long established uk company allies itself to a cheaper manufacturer abroad and slaps its names on their inferior products. Call me cynical but it’s Webley all over again.
    Have to say this was my thought as well
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    At least the old Royal Enfields big singles look nice unlike some of the guns the make
    My thought as well watching the video, one PCP with bottle or tube, barrel looked to be quite high making the gun look 'deep'
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Indian guns of any kind (like their cars and motorbikes) haven’t historically had a great reputation. To put it mildly.

Of course we should keep an open mind, and maybe AA’s involvement will bear dividends in terms of quality.

But not holding my breath.
    I'm on a Slight tangent, but yes early 90's Enfield motorcycles were poor, however jump to the last 5-6 years the Enfield name is right up there with sales, and the Himalayan dominated the light adventure market

So much so that other manufacturers are building models for that cheaper than b#w GS territory

Would be a shame to see a classic make disappear into the ethos like AA, but I suppose with far eastern models starting at £2-300 which for most will do the job, it was always going to move that way

AA

Do you think AA are pricing themselves out the market and need a cheap brand to balance the books..the price of the TX and Pro Sport are getting a little expensive compared to their nearest rival and that new PCP at £3200 ain't going to be a best seller in these days. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    We have very different experiences obviously.
    I have an AA S200 and a Gamo Coyote Tactical...and the Gamo is super little rifle even compared to the S200 (which isn't actually an AA's product - its CZ) and its far from being crap.
    There are hundreds of Phox, Coyote, GX40, GX250 owners out there as well who I know rate theirs too.
    I think you will find the Gamo Coyote is just a rebadged BSA PCP that is also made in the UK along with the Gamo.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

If AA quality slips or if the AA name gets associated with the word "cheap" the slippery slope is steep & fast nowadays
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

We really need to know more about the Precihole guns....
    Too many airguns!

Borrowed the below from another forum.....I'm no money guru but the paperwork below does not look good to me.
    https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...f5214447c98bda
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Borrowed the below from another forum.....I'm no money guru but the paperwork below does not look good to me.
    Link doesn't work, get xml back

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    I think you will find the Gamo Coyote is just a rebadged BSA PCP that is also made in the UK along with the Gamo.
    I think the only thing on the gamo that's bsa is the barrel

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    I'd already said that in my post before...

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    I think the only thing on the gamo that's bsa is the barrel
    Nope, you'd be wrong, it's a BSA action with a Gamo CAT trigger and their own stock design.

So if Gamo can sell a decent PCP at budget friendly prices thats been made in the UK - why can't AA?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'd already said that in my post before...

Nope, you'd be wrong, it's a BSA action with a Gamo CAT trigger and their own stock design.

So if Gamo can sell a decent PCP at budget friendly prices thats been made in the UK - why can't AA?
    Why would the stick a chappy trigger unit on a bsa action ......commonsense is missing somewhere

It'll be interesting to see who gets the benefit of the lower Indian prices. Will AA split it with UK customers??? (doubt it!) For info, the NX200 Athena Classic with wood stock retails for £157 in India. Factory gate price obviously a lot less. Wait & see!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.