Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Precihole Indian Partnership

[QUOTE=harvey_s;8287251
    So if Gamo can sell a decent PCP at budget friendly prices thats been made in the UK - why can't AA?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because one is a "cheap" gun and the other "premium". It's the same marketing BS as in the motorcycle market. You get what you pay for up to a point (example old SMK up to Gamo/Cometa), then the BS takes over.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Thumbs down

Air arms had a budget uk gun in their stable once upon a time .......bought out falcon run it into the ground and shut it down ...... history doesn't lie
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I can't see why AA just don't scale down the Pro Elite and reproduce that, bung it in a pretty Prosport looking stock and leave off the fish scale checkering and we're all happy.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Air arms had a budget uk gun in their stable once upon a time .......bought out falcon run it into the ground and shut it down ...... history doesn't lie
    Didn't BMW do the same to Rover
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Borrowed the below from another forum.....I'm no money guru but the paperwork below does not look good to me.
    https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...f5214447c98bda
    If what you're saying is that they are hitting hard times (forgive me if it's not) then may be listening to their customers and producing a break barrel might help, look what Webley produced just before it was too late and AGS ruined them, everyone wants a Longbow now.

Not quite correct. They didnt have any choice. The owner and kingpin of the Karachi, Pakistan based subcontractor of most of the components passed away and supplies dried up. It would not have been economical for the components to be made in the UK

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Why would the stick a chappy trigger unit on a bsa action ......commonsense is missing somewhere
    Nothing wrong with the CAT trigger which an M2.5x9mm screw doesn't sort out.
    It's then a very decent trigger...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Maybe because one is a "cheap" gun and the other "premium". It's the same marketing BS as in the motorcycle market. You get what you pay for up to a point (example old SMK up to Gamo/Cometa), then the BS takes over.
    What you mean is they can't do it - because whatever happens you need it to be an accurate performer and if they do that people might well question why the next step in their chain is nearly twice the price for very little added improvement.

The x200 range is Air Arms design and spec, manufactured by Precihole, one of Indias premier precision engineering companies, who are also Indias Premier gun manufacturer, Air Arms get a viable, profitable s200 replacement and Precihole get access to Air Arms global distribution/market with thier range of guns. To me it seems a win win for Air Arms, an S200 replacement and access to the lower end of the market (where the sales volumes are)without cheapening the Air Arms brand.... smacks of sound business sense to me

I’m slightly confused with a lot of what’s going on from what I gather the x200 which is the s200 replacement is more middle range pricing which is going to be approx £600-£700 according to Greg at AA from a BSS video I’ve recently watched.
    Surely that puts it in the mid S4** range

Not what I would call the lower end as those are surely around £300 with the Far Eastern and Turkish delights price range

Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Link doesn't work, get xml back
    Hopefully the above link works.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

I can't help but worry that along with the removal of the traditional logo with it's red white and blue in favour of something bland could be a taste of things to come; all businesses are trying to do more for less, and cheaper engineering and budget choices won't drive AA to do better

Their current PCP range has been driven by what they have seen as aftermarket additions - from the Precihole website they will have to go a long way to beat off the Turkish opposition just to get out of the starting blocks for a budget range if they decide to import
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Not quite correct. They didnt have any choice. The owner and kingpin of the Karachi, Pakistan based subcontractor of most of the components passed away and supplies dried up. It would not have been economical for the components to be made in the UK
    Areyou sure that is what happened?
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Forgive me for asking because I know nothing about these sort of matters, can we really not produce components over here for a reasonable price, is it materials that cost more or the machining process? I would have thought by the time shipping costs and taxes are added then it would even out?