Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Precihole Indian Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Forgive me for asking because I know nothing about these sort of matters, can we really not produce components over here for a reasonable price, is it materials that cost more or the machining process? I would have thought by the time shipping costs and taxes are added then it would even out?
    Labour and overhead costs are a lot higher here

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    I can't help but worry that along with the removal of the traditional logo with it's red white and blue in favour of something bland could be a taste of things to come; all businesses are trying to do more for less, and cheaper engineering and budget choices won't drive AA to do better

Their current PCP range has been driven by what they have seen as aftermarket additions - from the Precihole website they will have to go a long way to beat off the Turkish opposition just to get out of the starting blocks for a budget range if they decide to import
    I think kral/smk have the cheap end tied up as they are good value for money. Going for a cheap brand and relabeling AA and charging a lot more on top could be their undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Areyou sure that is what happened?
    Rich
    Yes

I’m my opinion if they’re machined well and they use a lothar Walther barrel then they could end up okay but if they charge the thick end of £700 for a unknown Indian barrel aswell as action I think they will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I’m my opinion if they’re machined well and they use a lothar Walther barrel then they could end up okay but if they charge the thick end of £700 for a unknown Indian barrel aswell as action I think they will struggle.
    It's cheating the consumer to thinking you are buying a genuine AA made rifle when it's just rebadged crap.

Let's be honest would you be happy buying a 2k+ daystate to find out it's just a rebadged kral? Same thing really.

From my understanding, the X200 is designed by Air Arms, but made by Precihole; the Precihole guns that were on display are to be imported by AA and sold in the UK under the Precihole name. If this is the direction that Air Arms want to take, then that's their decision. Personally, I would feel more comfortable buying an Indian air rifle sold by AA, than a Chinese air rifle sold by SMK; at least AA KNOW what they are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartcliffer View Post
    From my understanding, the X200 is designed by Air Arms, but made by Precihole; the Precihole guns that were on display are to be imported by AA and sold in the UK under the Precihole name. If this is the direction that Air Arms want to take, then that's their decision. Personally, I would feel more comfortable buying an Indian air rifle sold by AA, than a Chinese air rifle sold by SMK; at least AA KNOW what they are looking at.
    That's how I see it

A lot of assumptions being made here and elsewhere based on very few actual facts
    AirArms have been very supportive of the airgun community and I believe they know their business
    Long may they prosper

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    It's cheating the consumer to thinking you are buying a genuine AA made rifle when it's just rebadged crap.
    I get you bud I really do but I feel they all do similar now? Don’t Daystate source a lot of the components and then just assemble them? If so that’s kind of similar they just don’t get them pre built.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Let's be honest would you be happy buying a 2k+ daystate to find out it's just a rebadged kral? Same thing really.
    Ñot what AirArms are saying if you follow the videos from the show, the only Indian made gun that will have the AirArms name on it is the x200 designed by AirArms, a replacement for the s200 which was also outsourced, and if my memory is correct having a retail price of around £500/£600
    All the other Indian made guns will bear the Precihole makers name and will be distributed by AirArms as a competitive priced range

The new X200 models are presented on the Air Arms home page:
    https://www.air-arms.co.uk/news/intr...200-range.html
    Too many airguns!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I wonder what barrels they will be fitted with? The S200s had a CZ barrel which made it highly accurate, no mention of it being a Walther, interesting to see what trigger it will have as well.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

They need a better name than "percy's-hole"

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I wonder what barrels they will be fitted with? The S200s had a CZ barrel which made it highly accurate, no mention of it being a Walther, interesting to see what trigger it will have as well.
    In one of Gerald Cardew's books he tried barrel-clamping a range of air-rifles and tested them at 10 yards. He was surprised to find even the cheapest, crudest rifles would deliver excellent accuracy at this range. From this it can be concluded that the trigger mechanism and the spring-surge boinging behaviour, as well as the type of open sights, were the main determinants of a springer's accuracy rather than its barrel. he did use top quality match pellets and it was only 10 yards, but Pete's question is vital to determine if this is a bargain from a country most UK sportsmen never buy rifles from or a complete waste of time & money.

them there springer's are soooooo addictive