Thread: Predom Lucznik Holster real Polish army issue?

Predom Lucznik Holster real Polish army issue?

Hello Airgun Brainiac's

Can anyone confirm if the holster provide with the Predom Lucznik is indeed original Polish
    military issue? I have a passion for airguns that have seen military service. If my holster is real Polish army issue, then I think that is holster is a real score. My bidding is on target the price was reasonable but no box. Seller's Ad did not specify if the Air pistol was functional. If my Predom Lucznik (PL) leaks air will be time to learn about fixing . My workbench is cleared off.

Hopefully someone knows a wee bit about Polish kit.

Kindest Regards,

Randall

Yes it was issued by the Polish military to be used with the Predom Lucznik Wz 70 air pistol.

Two stamps may sometimes be seen on the canvas inner lining on these holsters; one denotes military property and the other indicates the item has been decommissioned by the military. A further date stamp of 1972 is known and this may relate to the Pattern or date of introduction of the holster rather than a date of manufacture.

A leather look valise was also available and could be used to carry the pistol by its integral handle. Two press studs and short straps secured the base to the hinged lid and the case was lined in a green baize type material internally. A leather buckled strap secured the pistol grip to the valise and the muzzle was held in place by a leather pocket. Two further strips of leather secured a cleaning rod with integral jag above the pistol and elastic fabric secured with leather tabs could hold a box or tin of pellets securely. I have also seen military issue oil bottles secured by the fabric and a cocking aid that looks like it was originally made for the Walther LP53.

Hope that helps.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Thank you John

John , Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and explain about the military issuance stamps. Really neat stuff for my airgun collection. I will keep my eyes open for the opportunity to obtain some of the other acessories you mentioned.
    Thanks again John, I knew someone on the site would know about these items. I really happy to know it is a real Polish Army holster.

Kindest Regards

Randall

Picked up a very nice example in the leatherette case from Melbourne a couple of years ago. The pistol is a little bit agricultural, but I am hoping to find time this year to do some finessing and make the shooting experience smoother.

I hasten to add that nothing will be irreversible!

Never seen the Polish cocking aid, was that a copy of the LP53 one?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    This is the cased set that John was referring to, with associated paper work. (Not mine unfortunately).

Polish military really went to town looking after their air pistols. RAF cadets we just got timeworn Meteors.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    This is the cased set that John was referring to, with associated paper work. (Not mine unfortunately).

What a lovely set John especially with all the associated ephemera.

Brian

Love the info available here, I have a Predom Lucznik, keep eye out at surplus stores etc, Polish work colleague may be able to assist

Great Idea!

Never thought to ask my Polish neighbors, who just immigrated to US. I know his brother who lives in Poland. Really a great idea.

Ta

Randall

Here is my PL in the case, the instructions are off the laser printer at work, and the cocking aid is a home made item that has a pellet seater at the other end.

Please Email a Copy of PL Instructions to me

Dear Modski66,

Could you Please Email a file containing a Copy of the PL Instructions you printed?

I would like to print them too kind sir. Your set is quite nice, I need an upgraded PL case since there are no boxes available for collectors.

Kindest Regards,

Randall
    Last edited by Re01312; 29-02-2024 at 06:32 PM.

Hi Randall, please PM your email address and I will send you what I used to create the booklet.