I bought the regulated version that came in over 12ftlb. I sorted it myself with a softer hammer spring rather than send it back. The trigger is long and heavy, sorted with a softer SS spring and redefining the sear screw setting. It now has an acceptable “2 stage” action.

It now shoots over 100 regulated shots and 10-15 good off reg. The first 15 or so are a bit erratic, so I only fill to 220bar, not the 250 max and get 80-100 good shots overall at avg. 11.2ftlb and 11.5 max starting at 220 bar (11.7 max at 250 bar).

Finding the right pellets was a challenge, but Baracuda FTs are great, they were the 9th time of asking. I am getting 8-9mm groups at 23 yards with a 12 shot magazine (the other is not as good) and 6-8mm using the SSL.

The regulated version doesn’t come with a scope (thank goodness) and a Bugbuster is working just fine at 23-25 yards. I am looking to get a compact 4-16 in the next couple of months so I can sensibly test it out to 45-50 yards. Field targets are fine with the Bugbuster though.

I reckon this to be a bargain at £350.