Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haenel 33 Video - full review

Quote Originally Posted by DrGunn View Post
    Another great video, thanks for sharing it with us. I’ve always been intrigued by these air rifles and now I definitely want one…
    Is the Anschutz 275 essentially the same internally?
    Good question, I assumed they are the same given they use the same magazine? I have the 275 given it was a reasonable price the Haenel 33 attracts the military crowd as well and they just seem to be a large premium over here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Assuming it’s the same as the CZ VZ47 then it’s different. The bbs drop down from the top into the start of the barrel.

@7:42 you can see on this vid from Air Armoury:
    https://youtu.be/0Px4YHTbvMk?si=YLsKCFj6R1ZrWwRa

What power does your CZ35 produce?
    I was really talking only about the plunger piston.

Excellent video Matt and fine shooting by your good self, as always.

I've had some good results at 20 yards with mine but you showed the bolt action repeaters can successfully hit targets placed even further away!

I noticed your magazine had a couple of notches and mine has also been adapted this way, as the Haenel 33 Senior has a deeper forend than the Junior and 49a/310, so a magazine with a standard notch won't fit.

I'll have to get mine out for a play!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I was really talking only about the plunger piston.
    As I said, no, assuming the cz35 has the same mechanism as the cz47.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 03-03-2024 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGunn View Post
    Another great video, thanks for sharing it with us. I’ve always been intrigued by these air rifles and now I definitely want one…
    Is the Anschutz 275 essentially the same internally?
    I believe so, I think I’ve read the Anschutz’s are slightly better made? Not sure how though as the Haenel’s are pretty bomb proof.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Excellent video Matt and fine shooting by your good self, as always.

I've had some good results at 20 yards with mine but you showed the bolt action repeaters can successfully hit targets placed even further away!

I noticed your magazine had a couple of notches and mine has also been adapted this way, as the Haenel 33 Senior has a deeper forend than the Junior and 49a/310, so a magazine with a standard notch won't fit.

I'll have to get mine out for a play!

John
    Thanks John,
    we were very surprised by the 33 & 49a hitting cans at 35yds. Who’d have thought?
    Yes I notched the magazine out following Vic at Proteks supplied diagram and it works well. I believe he has an original 33 mag and took the measurements from that.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Thanks John,
    we were very surprised by the 33 & 49a hitting cans at 35yds. Who’d have thought?
    Yes I notched the magazine out following Vic at Proteks supplied diagram and it works well. I believe he has an original 33 mag and took the measurements from that.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Yep, Paul O'D did the same for mine. I have an original 8 shot Senior mag but unfortunately it is damaged. Paul made a great job of machining a notch into a more recently manufactured 8 shot mag for me and it works fine.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.