Thread: TX200 177 Laminate CS500 Vortek Pg4 Kit

TX200 177 Laminate CS500 Vortek Pg4 Kit

So picked this up as a designated target gun being full lenght and 177.

After shooting only .22 springers for 12 months or so now there is definitely some recoil felt gentle nudge and perfectly useable. but being spoilt by nice tuned .22 it still felt harsh to me.

The pg4 kit was cropped to 10.4 ftlb with AA diablo 8.44 its favourite pellet so far.
    The shot cycle is nice and soft with a nudge rather than a boing. It's consistent and after several shots easily tamed and managed.

The trigger being rowan adj was easy to set up for me and predictable. Set a little light for me from the seller but easily tweaked.

The laminate stock is lovely to use and combined with a nice low scope allows good eye alignment for repeated head positioning.

The full length definitely seems more weighted than the hc I'm used to but the laminate stock could also add weight I guess.

Being so used to the hc version in .22 I found it very nose heavy and didn't find the balance as good imo.

Intended for purely target work seated and rested no issues but throw in a bit of variety and I think would soon be wishing for the hc.

Certainly accurate enough as can be seen in video but ultimately this wasn't for me so I sold to fund a pcp and then just before purchase got hit with a huge car bill 😮💨 such is life.

https://youtu.be/wN2SKotjNt0

My mk1 tx200 in .177
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive