Thread: hw 97k trigger adjustment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hw 97k trigger adjustment

hi all im after some advise on adjusting a trigger on a friends hw 97k, at the moment when cocked as soon as you let the safety catch off the gun fires or it is so light that the slightest knock will fire it.i have tried unscrewing the adjuster just behind the trigger and it does not seem to make much difference,in fact if the screw is removed it is still dangerous.is there a knack to adjusting these or is the trigger faulty,many thanks alan.
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

Seems, to me, the pull weight adjuster was too far out to begin with. The symptom you describe is typical.
    Remove screw to check spring is not buckled. Refit spring carefully to avoid fouling in casing. Screw adjuster in till spring resistance is felt.
    Keep checking operation with quarter turns on adjuster till satisfactory.
    With action out of stock trigger can be cocked, without latching piston, by pushing main sear with punch etc

thaks,i have just watched a strip and re assemble of a record trigger on you tube,there is no spring under my adjustment screw,would this cause the fault i have? and secondly where could i get a new spring from.thanks again.

Check your messages

and replied,thank you alan

Sounds like you have it sorted now. Excellent. If you haven't already done so, whilst the trigger unit is out of the gun, clean it out to remove any gunk that's built up over the years. The grease used at the factory can go hard and gum things up a fair bit.....Use a de-greaser / GT-85, or similar. Let it dry. Then lube with light oil (gun oil, 3-in1 etc.).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!