Thread: Original Webley Oil Can For Sale

Original Webley Oil Can For Sale

A 1950s Webley oilcan in good condition.

There is some paint loss and wear but both front and back graphics are readable and in good order.

The can has no leaks and there is a good bit of oil present (no idea if original but no reason to suspect not). Both the lid and spout screw on without issues.

Link to pics below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fH1mpYVFXedUyug28

£165 posted for this piece of Webley history.

Thanks for looking.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I remember the first time I saw one like this for sale, it was at Bisley about 15 years ago on K.B. table for £150. I thought 'good luck', it sold within the hour.....

I'll take this please John!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'll take this please John!
    Thank you Danny.

I'll PM you my receiving details.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

A fellow club member of mine once worked for a major auctioneer as an Arms & Militaria valuer with many interesting items gracing his office. He once told me that the one thing that generated most interest and comment from visitors was a 1960s Webley oil can.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    A fellow club member of mine once worked for a major auctioneer as an Arms & Militaria valuer with many interesting items gracing his office. He once told me that the one thing that generated most interest and comment from visitors was a 1960s Webley oil can.

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I remember searching high and low for my first example and was made up when I found one. I still have that can today. They are certainly very pleasing to the eye.

John