Thread: Airgun Obsessions of The 70s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Wasps were pretty top drawer stuff, both in .177 and .22. Remarkably accurate for such a dumpy little round, with the skirt to head distance being seemily too short to give best accuracy.

The modern non-Eley ones are awful.

Milbro Caledonian were typically assymetrical, never seen one that wasn't, but still more accurate than the rather pleasing looking Marksman which came in carboard boxes like pellets should.
    I remember in the very early 80's locating a source of very cheap Wasps at a farm supply shop near Guildford. I mentioned this to my fellow club mates, orders duly taken, off I went the following weekend from Epsom down to said shop near Guildford. The return journey on my Honda C70 proved interesting as the weight of thirty odd tins of Wasps in the top box had their effect on the handling.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I remember in the very early 80's locating a source of very cheap Wasps at a farm supply shop near Guildford. I mentioned this to my fellow club mates, orders duly taken, off I went the following weekend from Epsom down to said shop near Guildford. The return journey on my Honda C70 proved interesting as the weight of thirty odd tins of Wasps in the top box had their effect on the handling.
    Ooooh thats geat!!
    Buying airguns and pellets in 'NON' gun shops, my local fishing tackle shop sold loads of Relums...
    Or in fact just gunshops, I lived in Medway in Kent and we had 7 shops within 7 miles....now there all gone!