Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Airgun Obsessions of The 70s

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Agreed.

Should have stopped at the fishing rod section, but no, just went a few pages too far and that was it .. addicted.

I don't even think AA (Airguns Anonymous) counselling sessions can help now. Too far gone.
    Brilliant! I think many of us fall into that bracket.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    has anyone mentioned drilling out transfer ports ?

Sure made the gun kick, so it's got to be more powerful, right ? lucky we never had chronos back then
    Luckily, being generally cautious, I never fell into that trap. I wonder how many did? And big, OTT springs?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

pjbingham is online now My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Fantastic nostalgic thread! I remember it being a thing to load your pellets back to front if shooting Rats and not being considered a true hunter unless you put tape over your belt buckle, watch etc. Not sure where that came from but there was even a hierarchy of tape with insulation and masking tape being the lowest and black gaffa tape being mid way and a green tape from Maidstone Market that looked “proper army” being the most prized. Our scopes were awful and we knew it, something in the back of my mind said that most were branded “Seagull” but I could have remembered that wrong,some of us viewed scopes as cheating anyway.
    The day a couple of us watched Young guns for the first time we went and filed the sights off our Gats cos Billy states he’s a second quicker on the draw that way….and you thought that the humble Gat couldn’t be made any less accurate but we achieved it.