Thread: UK law regarding reloading consumables

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

UK law regarding reloading consumables

A friend has died and I have a large amount of his reloading gear. From presses and dies, brass and primers, powder and bullets, pullers and other assorted stuff. The quantity of some of these is a bit much, even for me!

I am at the springer bash in May and would like to sell it to members on here for collection at, or delivery on the way to, Melton Mowbray.

What can people buy without a licence? Feel free to pm me if this is considered too sensitive for the forum

Many thanks
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Broadly speaking primers require an FAC to be shown that covers that type of primer.
    If you have a list I may be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mag44uk View Post
    Broadly speaking primers require an FAC to be shown that covers that type of primer.
    If you have a list I may be interested.
    I thought I’d only collected the guns and factory ammo so far, but I have found around 10k large and small primers and 10kg of unopened powder amongst them. I am going back for the safes and reloading gear next week.

The rifles he reloaded for were .243 and .30-06 which I don’t have. I will be buying the pistol powders etc for myself

If they are in France, I'd be more concerned with how you bring them over legally. If by Eurostar or ferry, they may have their own rules too.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    If they are in France, I'd be more concerned with how you bring them over legally. If by Eurostar or ferry, they may have their own rules too.

They do, but I regularly cross with guns and ammo and have all the relevant contacts

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    They do, but I regularly cross with guns and ammo and have all the relevant contacts
    Ok but 10k primers (explosives) and 10k powder (a propellant) are a fair bit different to loaded ammo for personal use.

I suppose as long as they are declared properly as you would for firearms, you should be OK (assuming they allow it).

Any .45 long Colt or .357 brass? If so contact me by e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    Any .45 long Colt or .357 brass? If so contact me by e-mail.
    I have so much .357 brass it’s embarrassing! Keep in touch, I’ll drop some around next time I’m at my mum’s. Just make me some more of those heeled .32’s👍

Good news! I have sold almost everything over here so no need to do the paperwork to bring them over.

I do have around 1800 .243” bullets, chrono, dies sets, presses, tumbler and a couple of tricklers that I will put in the bereavement sales thread in the airgun sales section

Good news! I have sold almost everything over here so no need to do the paperwork to bring them over.

I do have around 1800 .243” bullets, chrono, dies sets, presses, tumbler and a couple of tricklers that I will put in the bereavement sales thread in the airgun sales section
    Hi mate what bullets for the .243 are they? and what are the trickles? i have looked at the other post but cant see them on there yet

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Hi mate what bullets for the .243 are they? and what are the trickles? i have looked at the other post but cant see them on there yet
    Sorry, I have been sorting and selling it all.

I have about 1800 sierra 6mm bullets, various weights, an orange lyman trickler, 300 primed and prepped .243 cases, various dies, a lee single stage press, a boxed and new lee hand press, various scales, a complete set up for 9mm and factory and homeloaded .243 ammo.

Sorry, I have been sorting and selling it all.

I have about 1800 sierra 6mm bullets, various weights, an orange lyman trickler, 300 primed and prepped .243 cases, various dies, a lee single stage press, a boxed and new lee hand press, various scales, a complete set up for 9mm and factory and homeloaded .243 ammo.
    What price is the bullet's and what weights? and what price is the hand press? cant post the primed case's

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    What price is the bullet's and what weights? and what price is the hand press? cant post the primed case's
    Pm or email me. I can get the primed cases as far as Teeside