Thread: Accuracy - Airsporter VS Webley Mk III

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've no recollection if seeing any figures for acuracyl in an advert for an Airsporter, but a Webley advert gave the following for a MkIII. At 10yds all shots in 3/8 inch with both .177 & .22. At 40 yds all shots in 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" with .177, at the same range the .22 was said to put all shots in 1 3/4" x 1 3/4".
    No idea if that was sandbagged or machine clamped but it was in a 1973 advert.

No idea if that helps or not.

Given that both have been out of production for half a century, difficult to say. Unless you had a box fresh example of each.
    I've 2 of each, circa early '60's & '70's. So they've had many previous owners & scope for neglect.
    Both the Mk 3's are in good condition - the later (button rifled(?)) one is more accurate.
    The Mk 2 Airsporter has suffered - never mind car boot condition, more like skip find. Not fair to comment on it. But the BSA A/S Mk 4 (1969, I think), is damn good with a decent 'scope.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.