Thread: Valuation Benjamin AS392

Valuation Benjamin AS392

Hi, I have Benjamin AS392, wife got it for few years back, used.

Never used it.

Been sat doing nothing, I did get a full seal kit for it, but not got around to fitting it.

It is in good condition, few little marks.
    Trigger works ok, as does bolt action.

Comes with Hawke Eclipse 4x32

Thinking it maybe time to let it go to a new home.

Any suggestions on value?

Thanks

My suggestion is to keep it. I have one and use it regularly for hunting trips despite having a number of far more capable guns to use. It's so light and handy. I fitted a Simmons short scope to it which is a perfect match. I had the Benjamin trigger upgrade done which is a good improvement. Still on the heavy side but it's down to me to shoot accurately. I recently purchased a Umerex adaptor for it from the USA that enables standard 88g bottles to be used. I never thought that this overlooked gun would become my go to tool but it has. 😁

around £180-220

As above, I have a couple lov-um.

Thanks for replies.

Benjamin AS392

These are like busses.
    I havent heard of them for a few years then a few weeks back my neighbour found one in his garage then a friend said he has one which was losing gas like crazy so would I reaseal it.

I did a complete reseal and it decided it was a CO2 fire extinguisher and emtied the 88g Cylinder down the barrel, all else is tight but I have not been able to source an exhaust valve (firing valve) whichever you prefer to call it.

I have decided to try to lap the sealing face of the valve as I cant get a replacement.

I tried Knibbs , Chambers and another well known spares emporium can anyone suggest where I might find one please?

As you guys so rightly said a lovely little rifle, nice and handy for carrying round and doing a bit of small pest control while you are gardening
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Quote Originally Posted by martini1215 View Post
    These are like busses.
    I havent heard of them for a few years then a few weeks back my neighbour found one in his garage then a friend said he has one which was losing gas like crazy so would I reaseal it.

I did a complete reseal and it decided it was a CO2 fire extinguisher and emtied the 88g Cylinder down the barrel, all else is tight but I have not been able to source an exhaust valve (firing valve) whichever you prefer to call it.

I have decided to try to lap the sealing face of the valve as I cant get a replacement.

I tried Knibbs , Chambers and another well known spares emporium can anyone suggest where I might find one please?

As you guys so rightly said a lovely little rifle, nice and handy for carrying round and doing a bit of small pest control while you are gardening
    You have PM.

Cheers,

Lawrie.

if it is the stem a crosman as2250 fits
    to reface the valve body i use a small countersink

Man Thanks

Cheers Ped theres a good idea
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil