Thread: Hw99 power adjustment

Hw99 power adjustment

Hello,

I had my 99 tuned by Wonky Donkey a few years ago and it is fantastic. However, now that a few of tins of lead have gone through, it's running a tad hot.

I believe David is no longer working but I need to lower the power a smidge.

I've taken out the pre load washer , but it's still running hot.

on other rifles, I have collapsed a coil to drop some power but I don't want to ruin the spring.

Are there any better ways to drop the power other than collapsing or cutting a coil?

The gun runs so nice, I really don't want to ruin Dave's tune but need it running sub 12.

Thank you

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The best and only real option is to reduce the spring. Depending on the current power this may be as little as removing half a coil. Feel free to ring me for advice, but there are videos on the web should you need it.
    The most important thing is not to quench the hot spring in anything
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

As Tinners says.. I have a WonkyDonky kit in one of my 99s and can vouch for how nice they are. And fine tuning, such as described with collapsing the spring a little, or removing a small portion, is all part of fine tuning. Done carefully you're not going to upset anything. Those fine manners you like will be enhanced even more with slightly less spring force.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

As standard they have a 5mm thick washer in the piston, if it hasn't been removed during tuning taking it out may give you the results you need.

id agree with tinners

Cheers guys

Some surgery on the spring it is then

Let us know how it goes.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!