Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: bsa mercury

bsa mercury

Quote Originally Posted by wickerman View Post
    having never seen a bsa mercury I bought one off here a mk2 in .22 .....was impressed full size rifle but not heavy.....I fitted a bsa 3-9 x 40 sight and zeroed it shoots nice using gamo pellets 3/4" group at 30 yards not bad for and old Springer.....it is a keeper
    It will shoot a lot better with H&N FTT's in the large head size 5.53 if you can find them . RWS hobbys & superdomes go well in them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I remember -4.5mm groups with Marsksan pellets! Thinking back perhaps only one shot hit the target and the rest of the shots missed the target altogether?
    Hee, hee!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    It will shoot a lot better with H&N FTT's in the large head size 5.53 if you can find them . RWS hobbys & superdomes go well in them too.
    I've heard that before a fair few times re those 5.53s

When I had my last one (an S that Pete has now), it certainly liked the 'Domes and the aforementioned budget-line H&N Excite Hammer. Can't remember if I tried the Hobby.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've heard that before a fair few times re those 5.53s

When I had my last one (an S that Pete has now), it certainly liked the 'Domes and the aforementioned budget-line H&N Excite Hammer. Can't remember if I tried the Hobby.
    My old Challenger which had a .22 Lightning barrel loved FTT's, my .25 Supersport loves JSB's.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I used Hobby's in the Mercury / Challenger I had with very good results
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177