Thread: Meteor MK6 Trigger Question

Meteor MK6 Trigger Question

Hi,
    I have a Welsh Willy trigger for a Gamo and was wondering if it would fit a MK6 Meteor? The Woodfield guns website says it fits so... but has anyone ever done this? I have fitted these triggers to a couple of rifles and it does transform them so I am considering giving it a go. My Meteor is MK4 and there is no way the new trigger would git it nor the MK5 so I assume that the MK6 is just a Gamo trigger?
    Thanks in advance for any advice-I don't want to buy a Meteor MK6 and be left with an awful unfixable Gamo trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Welsh Willy trigger for a Gamo and was wondering if it would fit a MK6 Meteor? The Woodfield guns website says it fits so... but has anyone ever done this? I have fitted these triggers to a couple of rifles and it does transform them so I am considering giving it a go. My Meteor is MK4 and there is no way the new trigger would git it nor the MK5 so I assume that the MK6 is just a Gamo trigger?
    Thanks in advance for any advice-I don't want to buy a Meteor MK6 and be left with an awful unfixable Gamo trigger!
    The Mk6 is definetely a Gamo trigger.
    Too many airguns!

Thanks Evert, this may "trigger" my purchasing a MK6 now. Forgive the pun, I think it may be a cheap project.

I've just got used to the Gamo trigger in mine. It's a mile long but gentle. I start the pull hold a bit then gently squeeze.
    Remember as Evert pointed out to me that the Mk6 is a low power version but perfect for short garden use.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Low power? I did not know that?? Meteors are not known for their high power but I'm not keen on a low powered one at all. Back to the earlier ones it is then. The trigger can go on something else.

Mine hovers around 470 fps in .22 which is about 100 fps less than my fettled ones But the stated fps of my mk4 as a lad was 500 fps, so it's not massively below par.
    If I'm shooting at 15 yards with open sights it's fine.

Low power? I did not know that?? Meteors are not known for their high power but I'm not keen on a low powered one at all. Back to the earlier ones it is then. The trigger can go on something else.
    It really is a junior Gamo with a BSA barrel.
    Fun guns to shoot and can be really accurate, but with the short stroke they will never be as powerful as the earlier mk's.
    Too many airguns!

I'm truly shocked to discover the power is lower.... so this would make the MK3 or 4 Meteor a better option for myself. Single piece cocking arm and "higher" power.

I have not looked for one of these models but is there a "Super" version available or did that start with the MK4? I have the MK4 Super Meteor and would love one in .177 but again I haven't actually searched for one.

It does seem like the model was cheapened out of existence but maybe that's the natural order of things?

Mk 3s were available as the super Meteor. I have two. You will have to pay a premium if you want one with it's rear sights intact.

I may start looking for the MK3 or 4 Super Meteor in .177, sights would not be an issue as I always use a scope due to being old and a very mediocre shot. I do seem to have collected a lot of parts for Meteors and have an experiment or two I would like to conduct... Frankenmeteor! GGGR supplied me with a lovely stock years ago which will have to be used.

Thanks for the information Dorn, some of this stuff is very obscure and not easily accessed.

I may start looking for the MK3 or 4 Super Meteor in .177, sights would not be an issue as I always use a scope due to being old and a very mediocre shot. I do seem to have collected a lot of parts for Meteors and have an experiment or two I would like to conduct... Frankenmeteor! GGGR supplied me with a lovely stock years ago which will have to be used.

Thanks for the information Dorn, some of this stuff is very obscure and not easily accessed.
    Just remember that the mk3-5 meteor sight mounting grooves are extremely shallow...
    Too many airguns!

That's a good point Evert. I have a Super Meteor MK4 and luckily have not had any problems with it. Maybe because the Meteor is only moderately powered it doesn't seem to throw off scopes like a Webley would.
    The BSA Mercury (I have two but can use only open sights) infuriates me with its weird choice of rail size. I do wonder if BSA where being clever and wanted to sell their own scope mounts by choosing the odd size of scope rail? I have never warmed to the Mercury or the Airsporter because of the need for the special mount sizes.

That's a good point Evert. I have a Super Meteor MK4 and luckily have not had any problems with it. Maybe because the Meteor is only moderately powered it doesn't seem to throw off scopes like a Webley would.
    The BSA Mercury (I have two but can use only open sights) infuriates me with its weird choice of rail size. I do wonder if BSA where being clever and wanted to sell their own scope mounts by choosing the odd size of scope rail? I have never warmed to the Mercury or the Airsporter because of the need for the special mount sizes.
    I just use ordinary sportsmatch, usually the low version two piece double clamp available from our sponsor. The clamping part is reversible, never had a problem on an Airsporter or Mercury. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer