Thread: Need repair wisdom on Crosman 108 pin removal

Need repair wisdom on Crosman 108 pin removal

Am replacing a badly damaged cocking linkage on my Crosman 108 pump rifle. The linkage is held in by pins that are driven into the wood of the cocking arm on only one side. Any thoughts on getting those pins out with as little damage as possible. Tried filing in a groove in the center of the arm inside the grove and prying it but no luck.

A guy on another forum had the Crosman repair manual with how they say it should be done.

Can they be drilled/tapped say M2 then jacked out by screw? May be possible to locate 'blind side' of pin by magnetising the arm and sprinkle iron fillings on the wood.

Finished repairing my Crosman 108 with bent beyond hope linkage. Bought new linkage which luckily is the same as their common 101 linkage. Drove out the pins through the other side as per Crosman instructions. Drilled hole in the new linkage to line up the wood forearm. Worked perfectly. Found the rifle held air at 5 pumps. Think that is why the linkage was bent, it went into valve lock and previous owner not knowing tried to break it free by pumping? Had to reduce the length of the valve spring to solve that issue. Now 5 pumps with no issue. Awesome to have restored a very early example in such good condition. Has original screw link pin usually replaced. Number 38 on the stock number only one earlier that I have seen. Here are pics of the restoration?