Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Ads

Wanted Ads

Just looking at the wanted posts and I wonder what percentage of requests actually get what they asked for?
    Mach 1.5

I'd have to add up what I've posted for in there as wanted, can remember 3 recent ones, and a couple of older ones, and think I've made one purchase off the back of those, so less than 20% success rate for me

Have answered two wanted ads, one of which turned into a sale, so the section does work
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Just looking at the wanted posts and I wonder what percentage of requests actually get what they asked for?
    Mach 1.5
    In my experience, very few.

Unless you've got a Mach 1/2 trigger you'd like to sell me?
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    It depends what you are looking for and what you're willing to give for it, if it's something not too obscure and it's a fair enough offer then it should work just fine, I've had stuff come to me without wanted ads just purely where it's come up in conversation so give it a go if theres something you want but also search at the same time to increase your chances.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Wanted

I dare say it's also down to how rare the item wanted is. As above a Mach 1 trigger is rare and can fetch £400-£500 which is alot for a trigger but I've known serious collectors pay that. Mach 1.5

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    It depends what you are looking for and what you're willing to give for it, if it's something not too obscure and it's a fair enough offer then it should work just fine, I've had stuff come to me without wanted ads just purely where it's come up in conversation so give it a go if theres something you want but also search at the same time to increase your chances.
    Exactly. If someone wants a mint condition Park RH93 or a Falke 80 rearsight then they might be waiting a long long time, and the kind of people with that sort of thing won't be cruising the WANTED ads. If it is something like 'rough HW35 stock' or 'BSA Meteor Mk III .22 barrel any condition' then people looking to shift on some of their parts box might supply the demand..

The ones I don't understand are the 'quality rifle in .22' type of thing when they have quite a broad selection of exactly that in the FOR SALE section.

Wanted ads

I've been quite successful recently with a silencer ( ox neutraliser) barrel, complete with silencer & a stock. Though I got the stock who replied to someone's request & they never got a reply or wasn't interested & simply asked if it was still available.

I've had mixed success at best,
    a stock request where one person offered one at a very reasonable price, another replied asking an utterly ridiculous price,
    I've picked up a couple of barrels that were at realistic prices, so not cheap, but cheaper than they would have been on the auction site.

Of the wanted ads I've replied to I reckon I've only had about 1 response in 5 offers

Most annoying (on another site) was a wanted add that I'd had a reply to, but when I contacted them was told a 3rd party had jumped in & they'd sold to them

I did also get offered a sub 12 pcp in .25, completely out of the blue because the owner knew I liked them.
    Last edited by angrybear; 16-03-2024 at 12:53 AM.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    We have a wanted section ?!
    Master Debater

I posted a wanted ad here and elsewhere for a rapid mk2 stock, only place I got a reply was here, from two genuine people with nice stocks and obviously chose one, can't argue with that

Boo hoo

My wanted ad has gone unanswered.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Mixed feelings on this one, so much so that I now don’t reply to wanted ads. Of the wanted ads I’ve responded to there has been the odd one that was genuine and I was happy to help out. Unfortunately a lot turned out to be people trawling for guns at a give away price far below their value. They get quite a few responses but they want the item for next to nothing. Spoils it for the genuine guys who post in the section.

It reminds me of a note at the bottom of the posts from a well known member on here who has sadly recently passed away. The note went something like ‘Reminder to myself, don’t reply to wanted ads on here’
    Last edited by ken69; 16-03-2024 at 10:01 AM.

wanted adds

i replied to someone wanting a BSF so although I wasnt trying to sell one but I thought well if I can help out, so I replied and he asked for pictures sent pictures and a reasonable price ! next message said yeah it looks good ! then nothing ?

that was my only experience with wanted ads

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i replied to someone wanting a BSF so although I wasnt trying to sell one but I thought well if I can help out, so I replied and he asked for pictures sent pictures and a reasonable price ! next message said yeah it looks good ! then nothing ?

that was my only experience with wanted ads
    Sounds like almost every buyer on Faceache market place lol
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Mixed feelings on this one, so much so that I now don’t reply to wanted ads. Of the wanted ads I’ve responded to there has been the odd one that was genuine and I was happy to help out. Unfortunately a lot turned out to be people trawling for guns at a give away price far below their value. They get quite a few responses but they want the item for next to nothing. Spoils it for the genuine guys who post in the section.

It reminds me of a note at the bottom of the posts from a well known member on here who has sadly recently passed away. The note went something like ‘Reminder to myself, don’t reply to wanted ads on here’
    Very good observation!

Yes I may have been guilty. Asked for a working but tatty and therefore cheap HW45. Was offered a tatty and slightly incomplete worker. The price seemed a bit high so didn't go ahead. But I did get a response.

There must be a reason not to, but I wonder why the site does not combine Wanted and For Sale. After all who looks on Wanted unless very bored?
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2