Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Just looking at the wanted posts and I wonder what percentage of requests actually get what they asked for?
    Mach 1.5
    You have come to my rescue on more than one occasion Paul, thank you.
    I recently put a wanted ad' up for a lefty .177 TX200SR and thought I wouldn't have a chance but fortunately last Saturday Jonathan G came to my rescue with a beauty in a walnut stock fitted with a Pete Dutton match trigger. I picked it up on Sunday morning and had my first session with it yesterday and bonded with it immediately. So yes, in my experience the wanted section works well.

I put a wanted ad for an Edgun Leishey 2 but no one responded, in fairness was on the off chance someone had one they wanted to shift

I've helped out a few people with odd bits and pieces that I've had for years and happy to do so
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    It's good to have a wanted section, I can't say I've had much luck with it, but what other way can you get stuff, sometimes quite obscure

So it's good thing, people just have to be realistic on price expectations, and I mean that in both ways, some buyers want things for nothing, and some sellers want close to new price
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Wanted

To be honest it's the first part of the bbs I check when I log on. Got a few spares from over the years and so I will look to see if I can help out. Must say myself my success is about 30 - 70 not in favour of getting items wanted. Mach 1.5

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Helping is always good thats for sure
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I think that is the ethos of airgunners, we like to help other like minded people if we can
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Air Gunners genuinely have been the most genorous people I have met, I will always be open about 3 of my Guns and all but one of my scopes being given to me by kind people who barely knew me and just wanted to help a new gunner out, I've not been in a position yet to pass it on but rest assured when my time is done with those Guns they will be given to a new gunner with no strings other than that they enjoy them and help others if they can as I and they had been helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Just looking at the wanted posts and I wonder what percentage of requests actually get what they asked for?
    Mach 1.5
    “Ask not what Airgunners can do for you; ask what you can do for Airgunners.” ― John F. Kennedy

I'm always impressed by willingness of enthusiasts to help others - yourself included.

It's good to see the "I've got one of them, ping me your addy and I'll send it on." or "I'll have a look in the shed and if I find it you can have it." posts.

I wonder if one of the earliest posts on the BBS was "WANTED - Wanted Section"

>

>

Now could someone offer me a nice plain standard chequered early TX200 stock please without yon fishscale stuff
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 22-03-2024 at 07:36 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Now could someone offer me a nice plain standard chequered early TX200 stock please without yon fishscale stuff
    If you don't ask, you don't get

Good suggestion.

That'll explain why I don't have one.

Best sort that right now. See wanted section.

v

v

The post below made me smile
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 22-03-2024 at 07:59 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

No

Good suggestion.

That'll explain why I don't have one.

Best sort that right now. See wanted section.

v

v

The post below made me smile
    You never know, could it also be worth asking AA and see if they have any spare in stock ?

About 20% success ... a couple of stocks and an action come to mind. Other requests disappear into the ether but never mind. I do admit though that while I often browse 'Sales' I am an infrequent visitor to 'Wanted' and have never given/sold anything there that I can remember. I have at times managed to 'donate foc' a few odds and ends where the request has been made in a post elsewhere ... e.g in General or Collectables.
    Cheers, Phil

Wanted Ads

I have put only a single wanted ad on the BBS (that was back in 2010 - sad .. I just checked) for a .177 BSA Mercury S.

Someone on here remembered seeing an ad whilst on holiday in the West Country in a local paper and from that piece of information, I tracked down the advert and made the enquiry.

Had to drive from Southampton to Penzance to collect it, but it was worth it (still have that rifle now and was actually using it a few days ago).

Although the rifle wasn't supplied direct by a BBS member per se, it was the wanted ad on here that ultimately got me the rifle I was after.

Guess that makes it a 100% success rate for me then

atb
    Andy

Wanted ads

its been hit and miss for me but some of the items Ive been looking for are as rare as hens teeth was lucky to get a Venom BSF 55 bavaria through this site though.