Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wanted Ads

Just looking at the wanted posts and I wonder what percentage of requests actually get what they asked for?
    Mach 1.5

I'd have to add up what I've posted for in there as wanted, can remember 3 recent ones, and a couple of older ones, and think I've made one purchase off the back of those, so less than 20% success rate for me

Have answered two wanted ads, one of which turned into a sale, so the section does work
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Just looking at the wanted posts and I wonder what percentage of requests actually get what they asked for?
    Mach 1.5
    In my experience, very few.

Unless you've got a Mach 1/2 trigger you'd like to sell me?
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    It depends what you are looking for and what you're willing to give for it, if it's something not too obscure and it's a fair enough offer then it should work just fine, I've had stuff come to me without wanted ads just purely where it's come up in conversation so give it a go if theres something you want but also search at the same time to increase your chances.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Wanted

I dare say it's also down to how rare the item wanted is. As above a Mach 1 trigger is rare and can fetch £400-£500 which is alot for a trigger but I've known serious collectors pay that. Mach 1.5

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    It depends what you are looking for and what you're willing to give for it, if it's something not too obscure and it's a fair enough offer then it should work just fine, I've had stuff come to me without wanted ads just purely where it's come up in conversation so give it a go if theres something you want but also search at the same time to increase your chances.
    Exactly. If someone wants a mint condition Park RH93 or a Falke 80 rearsight then they might be waiting a long long time, and the kind of people with that sort of thing won't be cruising the WANTED ads. If it is something like 'rough HW35 stock' or 'BSA Meteor Mk III .22 barrel any condition' then people looking to shift on some of their parts box might supply the demand..

The ones I don't understand are the 'quality rifle in .22' type of thing when they have quite a broad selection of exactly that in the FOR SALE section.

Wanted ads

I've been quite successful recently with a silencer ( ox neutraliser) barrel, complete with silencer & a stock. Though I got the stock who replied to someone's request & they never got a reply or wasn't interested & simply asked if it was still available.

I've had mixed success at best,
    a stock request where one person offered one at a very reasonable price, another replied asking an utterly ridiculous price,
    I've picked up a couple of barrels that were at realistic prices, so not cheap, but cheaper than they would have been on the auction site.

Of the wanted ads I've replied to I reckon I've only had about 1 response in 5 offers

Most annoying (on another site) was a wanted add that I'd had a reply to, but when I contacted them was told a 3rd party had jumped in & they'd sold to them

I did also get offered a sub 12 pcp in .25, completely out of the blue because the owner knew I liked them.
    Last edited by angrybear; 16-03-2024 at 12:53 AM.

I put a wanted ad for an Edgun Leishey 2 but no one responded, in fairness was on the off chance someone had one they wanted to shift

I've helped out a few people with odd bits and pieces that I've had for years and happy to do so
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Mach 1.5
    You have come to my rescue on more than one occasion Paul, thank you.
    I recently put a wanted ad' up for a lefty .177 TX200SR and thought I wouldn't have a chance but fortunately last Saturday Jonathan G came to my rescue with a beauty in a walnut stock fitted with a Pete Dutton match trigger. I picked it up on Sunday morning and had my first session with it yesterday and bonded with it immediately. So yes, in my experience the wanted section works well.

Mach 1.5
    “Ask not what Airgunners can do for you; ask what you can do for Airgunners.” ― John F. Kennedy

I'm always impressed by willingness of enthusiasts to help others - yourself included.

It's good to see the "I've got one of them, ping me your addy and I'll send it on." or "I'll have a look in the shed and if I find it you can have it." posts.

I wonder if one of the earliest posts on the BBS was "WANTED - Wanted Section"

>

>

Now could someone offer me a nice plain standard chequered early TX200 stock please without yon fishscale stuff
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 22-03-2024 at 07:36 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Now could someone offer me a nice plain standard chequered early TX200 stock please without yon fishscale stuff
    If you don't ask, you don't get
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Good suggestion.

That'll explain why I don't have one.

Best sort that right now. See wanted section.

v

v

The post below made me smile
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 22-03-2024 at 07:59 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post

Good suggestion.

That'll explain why I don't have one.

Best sort that right now. See wanted section.

v

v

The post below made me smile
    You never know, could it also be worth asking AA and see if they have any spare in stock ?

About 20% success ... a couple of stocks and an action come to mind. Other requests disappear into the ether but never mind. I do admit though that while I often browse 'Sales' I am an infrequent visitor to 'Wanted' and have never given/sold anything there that I can remember. I have at times managed to 'donate foc' a few odds and ends where the request has been made in a post elsewhere ... e.g in General or Collectables.
    Cheers, Phil