Thread: A 1950s Milbro Diana 27 with Double Pull Trigger

A 1950s Milbro Diana 27 with Double Pull Trigger

This is a .22 Milbro produced Model 27. The stock is date stamped to August 1952.

The rifle has the same double pull trigger mechanism as the early Webley Mk 3, albeit I don't know if the two interchange. A tangent rearsight is fitted, which is similar to those used on early BSA Meteors as well as the first model Webley Falcon.

The rifle cocks and fires with plenty of life in the spring. MV averages 442 FPS with Hobbys.

Markings are clear and readable and while the rifle has had some use over the last 70 years, it is complete and working. A good example of a relatively uncommon model. £80 posted.

Link to pics below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XtST2cRaaToe7dwd8

Thanks for looking.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I also have an early-build Milbro 27 with two-stage trigger. Just my opinion, but I suspect the trigger parts are actually pre-war German ones that Milbro "inherited" with their purchase of Diana machinery after the war (the sights, and many other smaller parts on that gun, are identical to a pre-war German 27 that I have). The Milbro guns got different trigger designs when these parts were gone.

I don't have a two-stage Webley Mk 3, but I would assume those trigger parts were new-made by Webley, and would guess they don't interchange with the 27...but that's only a guess!

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    I also have an early-build Milbro 27 with two-stage trigger. Just my opinion, but I suspect the trigger parts are actually pre-war German ones that Milbro "inherited" with their purchase of Diana machinery after the war (the sights, and many other smaller parts on that gun, are identical to a pre-war German 27 that I have). The Milbro guns got different trigger designs when these parts were gone.

I don't have a two-stage Webley Mk 3, but I would assume those trigger parts were new-made by Webley, and would guess they don't interchange with the 27...but that's only a guess!
    I think you and I 'guess' alike Mike, as your thoughts mirror my own!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Lovely looking Milbro.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Oh yes please, Ill certainly take this one! PM incoming.

That'll learn me for not logging in for a few days! Been looking for one for a while, nostalgia for my 1st rifle back in the '70's. A much abused '50's 27 with a double pull alloy (I think) trigger.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Oh yes please, Ill certainly take this one! PM incoming.
    Thank you ogilkes,

Over to PM.

Kind regards,

John