Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My CZ Slavia 634. Amazing little thing. 25mm piston with synthetic ring at the rear from the factory. Manual barrel latch. Superb barrel. Very, very accurate. Twangy as standard but shoots sublimely with its TbT top hat and guide. Very civilised.

Gamo Vipermax. The super-lightweight rodless 25mm piston giving very little inertia. Again, once de-twanged with Welsh Willy guide and top hat, very refined.

My cosmetically challenged early Supersport. Very accurate. Again, extremely civilised with its TbT guide & top hat.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Although more of a premium brand, may I mention my lovely little Diana 24D T01? A stunning little junior which will have been cheap in its day. Lovely trigger, very nice cocking and firing cycles and stunningly accurate at the closer ranges it has been used at.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Springer

Remmington Express will hold its own with the big boys. Mach 1.5

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the smaller slavia 631. Once I sleaved the port, and chopped and recrowned the barrel, it was a very accurate little gun.
    For unmollested guns, the gamo BSA meteor is pretty accurate
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 17-03-2024 at 07:37 AM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    be interesting to see if any new offerings have emerged since this 2018 thread: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?836307
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Anschutz 335.
    My FWB 124 isn't too shabby either.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    The little Relum Telly that I bought from Melv (Chippendale) at last years final bash has surprised me.

We think it's completely bog standard (it's properly boingy) and just has the standard open sights. I can keep a 1 inch group at 20 yards, which doesn't sound awesome by modern standards but I was expecting GPMG style shot pattern!

I've a service kit for it which will convert it to a single spring rather than the double, plus a piston seal conversion, so it'll be interesting to see how it shoots with a little fettle.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    the smaller slavia 631. Once I sleaved the port, and chopped and recrowned the barrel, it was a very accurate little gun.
    For unmollested guns, the gamo BSA meteor is pretty accurate
    Yeah, both the 630/631 and the mk6 meteor are good performers at low cost.
    Too many airguns!

A meteor mk2 gifted to me is very accurate, now with my eyes it's me letting the side down.
    A .20 webley vmx looks hideous sounds awful, described by an American as sounding like an ejected garand magazine hitting concrete but very accurate with h&n ftt .
    I agree with Mark a good trigger is the key .

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    The Chinese rifles seem to be in good standing in this thread, whats the Concensus on the B3? I know they bite but had one on my to buy list for a while now (need to refill coffers first mind).
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Remmington Express will hold its own with the big boys. Mach 1.5
    Agreed.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

I once bought a tatty Smk xs20 that had been shortened to 12” crudely and had bad bluing, I squared up the barrel with hand files and re crowned it and also fitted a tx200 short stroke with hw seal and it was so consistent and easy to shoot accurately and would honestly do the pellet on pellet at 30 yards I really should of kept it.

I’ve got a surprisingly accurate Relum Tornado

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I once bought a tatty Smk xs20 that had been shortened to 12” crudely and had bad bluing, I squared up the barrel with hand files and re crowned it and also fitted a tx200 short stroke with hw seal and it was so consistent and easy to shoot accurately and would honestly do the pellet on pellet at 30 yards I really should of kept it.
    I had a xs20 as well, I paid £200 for it and it came in a CS700 thumbhole stock and had been tuned by venoman with the HW trigger conversion as well.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had a xs20 as well, I paid £200 for it and it came in a CS700 thumbhole stock and had been tuned by venoman with the HW trigger conversion as well.
    Sounds like a good deal does that bud.