Thread: Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SMK XS38 177 tuned by ARC just as accurate as my TX200 and Diana 48

Original 45.
    It was less expensive than the FWB Sport and HW35/80/77, just not as cheap as a Webley Vulcan MK1.
    They shoot well.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Original 45.
    It was less expensive than the FWB Sport and HW35/80/77, just not as cheap as a Webley Vulcan MK1.
    They shoot well.
    For its time it was a top-end rifle .. like the Webley Omega etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    For its time it was a top-end rifle .. like the Webley Omega etc ..
    But so was the Annie 335.
    Heck, so was the Webley Vulcan MK1. The Webley flagship that would be developed to the Omega.

BSA was Airsporter, and it's break barrel the Mercury.

So many not off the top tier shoot well enough. If you can get over their triggers and don't shoot beyond the farmyard. Much depends on the accuracy demanded.

I quite like shooting the BSA Buccanier. Slap a dot sight on and plink cans over.

Shooting was once done standing, and not attached to a bench, bag, and seat. Loads of Top Tier rifles are no fun shooting standing as they are heavy fat lumps. Loads of fun to be had with the "little" rifles. I have a soft spot for the BSA Cadet.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    But so was the Annie 335.
    Heck, so was the Webley Vulcan MK1. The Webley flagship that would be developed to the Omega.

BSA was Airsporter, and it's break barrel the Mercury.

So many not off the top tier shoot well enough. If you can get over their triggers and don't shoot beyond the farmyard. Much depends on the accuracy demanded.

I quite like shooting the BSA Buccanier. Slap a dot sight on and plink cans over.

Shooting was once done standing, and not attached to a bench, bag, and seat. Loads of Top Tier rifles are no fun shooting standing as they are heavy fat lumps. Loads of fun to be had with the "little" rifles. I have a soft spot for the BSA Cadet.
    Sorry Muskett I didn’t really define what I was after, other than my mention of the Meteor. An Anschutz 335 can hold its own today with the right pellets and is a blisteringly accurate springer in the right hands. It had a few bits where they saved money but overall it’s a top quality gun.

I love the BSA Buccaneer and I would like it if they brought it back. Only problem is the thumbhole in the thumbhole stock is just slightly too small for my not very large size 7.5 hand … I can’t get my hand through the stock far enough to get a straight-back trigger press. It’s so annoying because it’s the perfect plinker and informal target gun with the peep sight attached. And named after a Royal Navy nuclear bomber. It’s all the great things about the 70s in one plastic package, like a track by The Stranglers.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I didn't think the Bucaneer had a nuclear payload, I thought that was just left up to the V Bombers, Victor, Valiant and Vulcan.
    I may buy the match to my favourite war bird one day, the Lightning, but with my Supersport being similar might not be worth it.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    I didn't think the Bucaneer had a nuclear payload, I thought that was just left up to the V Bombers, Victor, Valiant and Vulcan.
    I may buy the match to my favourite war bird one day, the Lightning, but with my Supersport being similar might not be worth it.
    They carried nukes, flown off carriers in the Baltic some were detailed to hit airfields outside of Leningrad (St Petersburg) and also for anti-submarine work. Because nukes were for everything in those days.

https://www.key.aero/article/buccaneers-nuclear-bite

Quote Originally Posted by Sid66 View Post
    SMK XS38 177 tuned by ARC just as accurate as my TX200 and Diana 48
    This in heaps.
    I've used several of Lyn's tuned up, budget Chinese rifles and they knock spots off of many outfits offering super tunes on HW and AA rifles.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    35 years ago we found a very rusty Relum Taurus in an abandoned half sunken boat It was covered in red rust. I took the stock off & chucked the rest in a tank of diesel for a week. Put a new piston head & washer in it & it & it was shooting again. The trigger on these is agricultural but you can see that the budget for these was spent mostly on the barrel. It is beautifully rifled & shoots really well. We still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    35 years ago we found a very rusty Relum Taurus in an abandoned half sunken boat It was covered in red rust. I took the stock off & chucked the rest in a tank of diesel for a week. Put a new piston head & washer in it & it & it was shooting again. The trigger on these is agricultural but you can see that the budget for these was spent mostly on the barrel. It is beautifully rifled & shoots really well. We still have it.
    IJ would have liked this story, the rescue of a ‘Hungarian Swamp Donkey’ from an actual swamp!

I think one or two of the AGW writers maybe BTDT liked the Taurus or Telly. Clearly a very robust rifle. A heavy trigger can be overcome with enough practice like with the old .303 Enfield..

[QUOTE=Hsing-ee;8293410

I think one or two of the AGW writers maybe BTDT liked the Taurus or Telly. [/QUOTE]

Andrew Arthur.. had a Telly