Thread: Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I one hole grouped my unfettered mk 5 .177 meteor at 35 yards a few times. So literally through shooting 10,000 pellets and trying every mechanical assistance I could dream up ( homemade springer friendly bipods made of sponge, twine and hazel) I got that dog of a rifle on paper to shoot very consistently. Essentially I learnt marksmanship using that rifle and got close to the best from it I reckon.
    prone position down!

My BSA Superstars are quite accurate, as good as my TX200HC, but, I have become inaccurate…..

Bog standard ish, Webley Omega .22.
    Very accurate and sweet.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Bog standard ish, Webley Omega .22.
    Very accurate and sweet.
    Err... maybe it was a cheap secondhand rifle for you but the Webley Omega was the flagship model for Webley, when they finally went after a good trigger, a solid precision breech set up and some good sights and stock. It was built to compete with the Feinwerkbau Sport, so its a bit like the Anschutz 335 and BSA SuperStar mentioned above, really a top-level springer.

Glad it shoots well through, they spent a lot on R&D (or stealing ideas from other makers!) on it but it was too late.. the HW77 had knackered everything.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 18-03-2024 at 09:24 AM.