Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

All the usual suspects can be made into superbly accurate rifles - the HWs, the Air Arms, the high-end Dianas and the Walther LG series...

But what about 'cheapies' and less glorified brands?

I once had a BSA Meteor 'Cadet' which I was 'middle man' for that I erm 'tested' before passing it on to a friend and it was astonishingly accurate at 20 yards with its little peepsight, half an inch groups with RWS Meisterkugeln, really good for the time (1984). I think it was only going 8 fpe or something but it certainly was punching well above its cheap construction, plain stock and basic trigger in terms of accuracy.

What cheap rifles have you had that gave surprisingly good results? Leave the Weihrauchs & Air Arms out of the discussion, tell us about Haenals, Noricas, Gamos, Baikals and Webley Falcons ... maybe some of the Turkish devices I know nothing about...

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Daisy Red Ryder, people write it off as a toy and not worth the time being a smooth bore BB gun but from what I've experianced it's a pretty sharp shot and is still the basis for a lot of competition guns.
    It's proof you don't need to break the bank for something fun but accurate.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Out of all the cheap springers the bsa superstar surprised me the most , Maybe being an underlever may have helped as my mate was shooting a 177 cal Polaris and I was quite surprised how well it was shooting.

bsa meteor super

1970/s .22/ trigger too heavy,spring twang
    but could hit anything with standing shots out to 30yrds
    or was it me ?

My CZ Slavia 634. Amazing little thing. 25mm piston with synthetic ring at the rear from the factory. Manual barrel latch. Superb barrel. Very, very accurate. Twangy as standard but shoots sublimely with its TbT top hat and guide. Very civilised.

Gamo Vipermax. The super-lightweight rodless 25mm piston giving very little inertia. Again, once de-twanged with Welsh Willy guide and top hat, very refined.

My cosmetically challenged early Supersport. Very accurate. Again, extremely civilised with its TbT guide & top hat.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Although more of a premium brand, may I mention my lovely little Diana 24D T01? A stunning little junior which will have been cheap in its day. Lovely trigger, very nice cocking and firing cycles and stunningly accurate at the closer ranges it has been used at.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Springer

Remmington Express will hold its own with the big boys. Mach 1.5

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the smaller slavia 631. Once I sleaved the port, and chopped and recrowned the barrel, it was a very accurate little gun.
    For unmollested guns, the gamo BSA meteor is pretty accurate
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 17-03-2024 at 07:37 AM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    be interesting to see if any new offerings have emerged since this 2018 thread: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?836307
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Anschutz 335.
    My FWB 124 isn't too shabby either.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    The little Relum Telly that I bought from Melv (Chippendale) at last years final bash has surprised me.

We think it's completely bog standard (it's properly boingy) and just has the standard open sights. I can keep a 1 inch group at 20 yards, which doesn't sound awesome by modern standards but I was expecting GPMG style shot pattern!

I've a service kit for it which will convert it to a single spring rather than the double, plus a piston seal conversion, so it'll be interesting to see how it shoots with a little fettle.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    My .25 Supersport is pretty accurate considering it's a BSA and the calibre, I've pushed it out a bit further at the range and it can keep up with my son with the .22 LGV.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    The little Relum Telly that I bought from Melv (Chippendale) at last years final bash has surprised me.

We think it's completely bog standard (it's properly boingy) and just has the standard open sights. I can keep a 1 inch group at 20 yards, which doesn't sound awesome by modern standards but I was expecting GPMG style shot pattern!

I've a service kit for it which will convert it to a single spring rather than the double, plus a piston seal conversion, so it'll be interesting to see how it shoots with a little fettle.

The Tornado was the better of the two, I’m surprised you don’t have them both?

They’re getting hard to find now though……
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    My .25 Supersport is pretty accurate considering it's a BSA and the calibre, I've pushed it out a bit further at the range and it can keep up with my son with the .22 LGV.
    I was about to post much the same thing (but without the son )
    I almost regret selling mine, but the hassle over pellet size was doing my head in.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    My .22 Supersport is one of my favourite Guns, its a 1986 but looks as if it was made yesterday with how well it's put together, She'll be at the Bash with me if I can get there.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid