Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I was about to post much the same thing (but without the son )
    I almost regret selling mine, but the hassle over pellet size was doing my head in.
    Mine has a later proper .25 lightning barrel which excepts .25 pellets, I had a .243 barrel before which was a nightmare for pellets.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The Tornado was the better of the two, I’m surprised you don’t have them both?

They’re getting hard to find now though……
    Buying the Relum at the Bash was spur of the moment mate. I've never had (or even tried) one before and I really didn't have great expectations for it, but it's a fun little thing to shoot in the garden and, most importantly, my lad loves it.
    He wanted a scope for it at first but then found he could get decent groups with the opens and said he wants to keep it as it is
    Last edited by Hellequin; 17-03-2024 at 12:26 PM.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

BAM41 .22, no not the B40, but the cheapened version. Bought it cheap off a mate who had his own airgun business back then (2014). They had to buy two at a time off SMK and he got stuck with one as they got slagged from pillar to post by just about everyone. So I bought it as a project TBH, it was the best OTB airgun I’ve ever bought. No twang, graunching or any other unpleasant noises. Shot with a solid thud and little kick. Over the years I’ve improved the trigger, made new guides and fitted a piston sleeve. Mate John made me a new metal front end to replace the plastic thing that held the cocking lever up. Will group at 60yds if I do my bit. Probably like most things, you can get a very good Chinese airgun the same as you can get an iffy HW and the like.

Purchased a smk xs19gr

Surprisingly accurate after the trigger was tickled and polished
    Horrible long hard pull prior which made me pull the shot

Pleased with it now though

The Cometa 220compact is a ridiculously good rifle for under £200, very accurate and slick a definite bargain, mind you the 400 is its big brother and Im impressed with that too but at near £300 you kinda expect quality
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Back about 2010 I was given a manky B2 .

Messed about , put a new Meteor spring, greased the trigger and generally tidied it up.

Re-crowned the barrel, tidied the breach, and started playing with it .

It was remarkably accurate , out to 35m , easy all inside a 25mm circle .

I had a lot of fun with "That chinese crap gun of yours" !!!

Well under 10 ft/lb, smooth , and just a perfect plinker .

But like all the other good ones, it was moved on, and I've never had another like it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    What cheap rifles have you had that gave surprisingly good results? Leave the Weihrauchs & Air Arms out of the discussion, tell us about Haenals, Noricas, Gamos, Baikals and Webley Falcons ... maybe some of the Turkish devices I know nothing about...
    A well set up mk3-5 meteor can shoot really well.
    I currently have a mk3 meteor with a cut down carbine length Supersport barrel that rivals the HW30.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    the smaller slavia 631. Once I sleaved the port, and chopped and recrowned the barrel, it was a very accurate little gun.
    For unmollested guns, the gamo BSA meteor is pretty accurate
    Yeah, both the 630/631 and the mk6 meteor are good performers at low cost.
    Too many airguns!

A meteor mk2 gifted to me is very accurate, now with my eyes it's me letting the side down.
    A .20 webley vmx looks hideous sounds awful, described by an American as sounding like an ejected garand magazine hitting concrete but very accurate with h&n ftt .
    I agree with Mark a good trigger is the key .

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    The Chinese rifles seem to be in good standing in this thread, whats the Concensus on the B3? I know they bite but had one on my to buy list for a while now (need to refill coffers first mind).
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

For me its my lightning xl tac, will give my 99 a run for its money despite the inferior trigger.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

I one hole grouped my unfettered mk 5 .177 meteor at 35 yards a few times. So literally through shooting 10,000 pellets and trying every mechanical assistance I could dream up ( homemade springer friendly bipods made of sponge, twine and hazel) I got that dog of a rifle on paper to shoot very consistently. Essentially I learnt marksmanship using that rifle and got close to the best from it I reckon.
    prone position down!

My BSA Superstars are quite accurate, as good as my TX200HC, but, I have become inaccurate…..

Bog standard ish, Webley Omega .22.
    Very accurate and sweet.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Bog standard ish, Webley Omega .22.
    Very accurate and sweet.
    Err... maybe it was a cheap secondhand rifle for you but the Webley Omega was the flagship model for Webley, when they finally went after a good trigger, a solid precision breech set up and some good sights and stock. It was built to compete with the Feinwerkbau Sport, so its a bit like the Anschutz 335 and BSA SuperStar mentioned above, really a top-level springer.

Glad it shoots well through, they spent a lot on R&D (or stealing ideas from other makers!) on it but it was too late.. the HW77 had knackered everything.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 18-03-2024 at 09:24 AM.