Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    The Chinese rifles seem to be in good standing in this thread, whats the Concensus on the B3? I know they bite but had one on my to buy list for a while now (need to refill coffers first mind).
    I’ve got a B3, B4 and B5. The trigger on a B4 is horrendous. The B3 is much better with a similar set up on the B5. If you must get one, find one second hand, just don’t put down hard earned on new.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Thats the plan, fixer upper that I can customise without ruffling feathers.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Remmington Express will hold its own with the big boys. Mach 1.5
    Agreed.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

I once bought a tatty Smk xs20 that had been shortened to 12” crudely and had bad bluing, I squared up the barrel with hand files and re crowned it and also fitted a tx200 short stroke with hw seal and it was so consistent and easy to shoot accurately and would honestly do the pellet on pellet at 30 yards I really should of kept it.

I’ve got a surprisingly accurate Relum Tornado

My first rifle, a Slavia 631.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I once bought a tatty Smk xs20 that had been shortened to 12” crudely and had bad bluing, I squared up the barrel with hand files and re crowned it and also fitted a tx200 short stroke with hw seal and it was so consistent and easy to shoot accurately and would honestly do the pellet on pellet at 30 yards I really should of kept it.
    I had a xs20 as well, I paid £200 for it and it came in a CS700 thumbhole stock and had been tuned by venoman with the HW trigger conversion as well.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had a xs20 as well, I paid £200 for it and it came in a CS700 thumbhole stock and had been tuned by venoman with the HW trigger conversion as well.
    Sounds like a good deal does that bud.

SMK XS38 177 tuned by ARC just as accurate as my TX200 and Diana 48

Original 45.
    It was less expensive than the FWB Sport and HW35/80/77, just not as cheap as a Webley Vulcan MK1.
    They shoot well.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Original 45.
    It was less expensive than the FWB Sport and HW35/80/77, just not as cheap as a Webley Vulcan MK1.
    They shoot well.
    For its time it was a top-end rifle .. like the Webley Omega etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Wow, that is a fantastic deal.

Venoman is a superb tuner, I've seen old and wise air gun shooters, completely amazed by his tune ups of various chinese springers !!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry B View Post
    Wow, that is a fantastic deal.

Venoman is a superb tuner, I've seen old and wise air gun shooters, completely amazed by his tune ups of various chinese springers !!!
    It certainly was, I got it off the Chinese Airgun Forum, I ended up swapping a different rifle for a V-mach kitted HW95 and dropped that into the CS700 stock and selling the Xs20 on, although the 20 was superb to shoot, compared to the 95, you could definitely tell the difference in build quality, the 95 was just smoother and made all the right noises.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Some interesting stories and rifles on this thread … the ones that pique my interest are the Slavias, the Remington Express, the BSA Meteor Mk 6 and the SMK XS38. None of these are really talked about much but sound like excellent low cost rifles for home tunes to really put them up there with the expensive machines.

And the Daisy Red Ryder. My Dad said that was the desirable airgun of the late 1940s & early 50s. My grandfather somehow got him the best air-rifle of the era, the Falke 80.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 20-03-2024 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid66 View Post
    SMK XS38 177 tuned by ARC just as accurate as my TX200 and Diana 48
    This in heaps.
    I've used several of Lyn's tuned up, budget Chinese rifles and they knock spots off of many outfits offering super tunes on HW and AA rifles.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation