Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your Most Accurate Modest Springer Experience

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    A well set up Supersport can shoot as accurate as a TX200 or HW98-77-97.
    It is not as EASY to shoot, but the gun is accurate.

Is the Supersport modest?
    SuperSport is modest, SuperStar is not. SuperSport is something an occasional shooter might buy, or a farmer or someone like that. It’s been built down to a price, not no expense spared like a TX200. I’ve never heard of anyone buying one for HFT or to soft tune for bell target ..

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    It replaced the Mercury but I believe it was on over engineered Meteor?
    Yeah, it really is a 29mm piston modern seal Meteor that is made with a machined fork and seamless tubing instead of folded metal sheet.
    Too many airguns!

My Webley Vulcan mark3 shoots really well and surprisingly, is accurate without a scope.

I have to confess Tinbum had a lot to do with the first part.
    Open Channel D

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Yeah, it really is a 29mm piston modern seal Meteor that is made with a machined fork and seamless tubing instead of folded metal sheet.
    Is the trigger a simple affair as well? Getting rid of the rolled steel sheet is quite a leap for a Meteor, that’s what made it the Sten of the airgun scene for a long time ..

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    35 years ago we found a very rusty Relum Taurus in an abandoned half sunken boat It was covered in red rust. I took the stock off & chucked the rest in a tank of diesel for a week. Put a new piston head & washer in it & it & it was shooting again. The trigger on these is agricultural but you can see that the budget for these was spent mostly on the barrel. It is beautifully rifled & shoots really well. We still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    35 years ago we found a very rusty Relum Taurus in an abandoned half sunken boat It was covered in red rust. I took the stock off & chucked the rest in a tank of diesel for a week. Put a new piston head & washer in it & it & it was shooting again. The trigger on these is agricultural but you can see that the budget for these was spent mostly on the barrel. It is beautifully rifled & shoots really well. We still have it.
    IJ would have liked this story, the rescue of a ‘Hungarian Swamp Donkey’ from an actual swamp!

I think one or two of the AGW writers maybe BTDT liked the Taurus or Telly. Clearly a very robust rifle. A heavy trigger can be overcome with enough practice like with the old .303 Enfield..

[QUOTE=Hsing-ee;8293410

I think one or two of the AGW writers maybe BTDT liked the Taurus or Telly. [/QUOTE]

Andrew Arthur.. had a Telly

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Is the trigger a simple affair as well? Getting rid of the rolled steel sheet is quite a leap for a Meteor, that’s what made it the Sten of the airgun scene for a long time ..
    Yes, same basic setup with some small changes.
    They changed from a single spring acting on both the sear and trigger, to two different springs for the sear and the trigger.
    Last edited by evert; 27-03-2024 at 05:22 AM.
    Too many airguns!