I get distracted easily so I am going to announce my projects on here so I actually get them done.

I have done my Sunday chores so don't have anything in the way now.

Project number one is ...

Weihrauch HW99S Kurtz

I got a slightly rough .22 HW99S off here a while ago. I was going to use it if the lead ban came in, to try out .22 non-lead pellets. As this isn't going to happen I am going to make it .177 and try it out with lead pellets.

Mach 1.5 sold me a very nice 12" shortened .177 barrel.

I bought a 'glided' 99 piston of the Bay for some reason a while back, probably just couldn't resist a buttoned piston.

I have a couple of barrel weights, including a nice black Maccari one and another in polished alloy, so I might try one of them.

There is also a HW99S Vortek kit that I bought for the long-stroke HW50II I have, but found that the regular spring is ok.

It might also be fun to see if it will fit in the old HW55 stock I sometimes use on the long-stroke HW50II, but it might lose it's compact feel with that.

Then there is the usual relubrication and checking of seals and trigger adjustment etc.

Then some kind of scope for testing.

I have a feeling it should take less than 2.5 hours for everything, depending on how long it takes to actually find the parts in the boxes in the attic...