Thread: Co2 magazine

Co2 magazine

Yet again, my KWC bb 1911 magazine has developed a leak. It vents the gas as soon as you screw the co2 bulb in from the top. I'm not going to buy another new magazine to use this pistol, which i did last time.
    Any tips on possible repair ?
    Thanks.

If its just leaking from the capsule seal that is a common fault and easy repair. They ship these from the factory with a cheap white PTFE seal. PTFE is malleable and deforms after a while. I fit a polyurethane replacement which is the correct material to use. If this is where the leak is I can post you one F.O.C. Just take note the seal retainer ring has a left hand thread.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    If its just leaking from the capsule seal that is a common fault and easy repair. They ship these from the factory with a cheap white PTFE seal. PTFE is malleable and deforms after a while. I fit a polyurethane replacement which is the correct material to use. If this is where the leak is I can post you one F.O.C. Just take note the seal retainer ring has a left hand thread.

Baz
    Thank you for you kind offer. PM to follow.
    What was their thinking in a left handed thread ?

It's also worth checking if the retainers have loosened with use before replacing seals as tightening both sometimes remedies a leaky 1911 magazine.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

If it’s venting though out the top then it’s probably not the capsule seal. More likely the valve sticking. Easy enough to remove and clean. Most dealers carry spares like this https://www.gearofwar.co.uk/product/...1911-magazine/

6mm AS mag spares are the same as 4.5mm AW mags.
    David.

If it is just the exhaust valve seal, I take them out and reverse them so presenting a new surface to the metal valve pin.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD