Thread: gun keeps needing zeroed in

gun keeps needing zeroed in

ive a air arms 410k evert time i go to use it i need to zero it in checked scope is tight everything ok there its not getting knocked so what is happening to it

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    First thing I’d suggest is try a different scope on it but, just before you do that, loosen off the Allen screws on the barrel band and you may notice ever such a slight movement in the barrel. Then of course re-tighten. S410’s are notorious for knocking the barrel slightly out of alignment with the slightest knock of the barrel. It’s happened a good few times on mine.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    ive a air arms 410k evert time i go to use it i need to zero it in checked scope is tight everything ok there its not getting knocked so what is happening to it
    Barrel band loose? Stock screws loose?
    Maybe a duff scope?

Hope you get it sorted.

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

many thanks chaps it was the barrel band

I bought a brand new walnut one in 2007, The gun was amazing, One I should have kept, I had the same issue after a few years , The 3 grub screws worked loose somehow, Just aligned barrel and tightened back up and it was back to shooting like a laser again.

How do you store it ?
    If it's just propped up leaning against a wall it may be deflecting the barrel.
    Are the corrections always the same arc? so back & forth on one dial.

Is the scope correctly positioned for your eye ? if not you'll be fighting PX error & possibly cant as you try to aim.

I often have face / eye position problems with the same results. If my eye to scope position is t consistent the pellets fly all over the place. Less problems with the more expensive basic scopes. I seem to get on with sidewinders, 6500's etc. Before you fiddle about or change scopes try being consistent with your face on the stock & eye to scope position. Trying that is free & easier to do than chase the problem spending money & getting nowhere.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

That was why I eventually got rid of mine fed up with it getting knocked off zero so easily..
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    First thing I’d suggest is try a different scope on it but, just before you do that, loosen off the Allen screws on the barrel band and you may notice ever such a slight movement in the barrel. Then of course re-tighten. S410’s are notorious for knocking the barrel slightly out of alignment with the slightest knock of the barrel. It’s happened a good few times on mine.
    Nice one, Dr Paul.

It is one of the "characteristics" you often hear of with these rifles.

Glad all sorted, Jeff.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

thanks tony all sorted for now

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nice one, Dr Paul.

It is one of the "characteristics" you often hear of with these rifles.

Glad all sorted, Jeff.
    That’s the first time ever I’ve actually managed to help someone on here by diagnosing the problem
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    That’s the first time ever I’ve actually managed to help someone on here by diagnosing the problem
    Excellent diagnostic skills, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent diagnostic skills, Pauly.
    I’m going into retirement whilst at the top of my game now Tone so………. No more airgun Guru diagnostics from me I’m afraid

Nah; you're good at it, matey. Keep it up.

We'll all be tapping into your vast knowledge of pellet testing next.