Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamo Paratrooper

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed

Gamo Paratrooper

Before I start please do not PM me with I'll sell you X, this is researching stage for me so not got a budget built up yet.

I joined a little while back various Vintage gun groups on the old Faffbook and something I keep seeing that piqued my intrest as it has a very Thompson look is the Gamo Paratrooper, now the Zuckerbot hates any whiff of sales talk so I can't really ask there on posts with them (even though I'm not acctually trying to buy and they arent selling) so I thought I'd ask here my questions.
    What should I look for in them?
    What would be a Fair price to pay for one?
    Do they have any different names, i.e is this the right name to search in the UK for one?
    What are they like to own?
    Is there something similar that I might be better looking for instead?

Thanks in Advance.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Before I start please do not PM me with I'll sell you X, this is researching stage for me so not got a budget built up yet.

I joined a little while back various Vintage gun groups on the old Faffbook and something I keep seeing that piqued my intrest as it has a very Thompson look is the Gamo Paratrooper, now the Zuckerbot hates any whiff of sales talk so I can't really ask there on posts with them (even though I'm not acctually trying to buy and they arent selling) so I thought I'd ask here my questions.
    What should I look for in them?
    What would be a Fair price to pay for one?
    Do they have any different names, i.e is this the right name to search in the UK for one?
    What are they like to own?
    Is there something similar that I might be better looking for instead?

Thanks in Advance.
    Did you mean ASI Paratrooper ? Break barrel with a tube magazine
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Mine is the ASI paratrooper repeater as per post #2
    Anglo Spanish Imports I bought mine in 1977 it has the ASI sticker and a Gamo logo stamped onto the cylinder.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Was also available without the 'repeater' function' as a single shot. Both 177 and 22 I believe, Nice little plinkers. Ours have grooves for a scope.... not sure is early ones had grooves. Watch out for: the 'plastic stock' isn't cracked.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Did you mean ASI Paratrooper ? Break barrel with a tube magazine
    I've seen it labeled as both ASI and Gamo, thats why I asked about name just in case one is other countries only and causes a dead end where there shouldn't be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Mine is the ASI paratrooper repeater as per post #2
    Anglo Spanish Imports I bought mine in 1977 it has the ASI sticker and a Gamo logo stamped onto the cylinder.
    So I shuld be looking for it as an ASI here then?

Mine is low powered. I always wondered why until in recent times I found out what the F inside a pentagon meant. Littlewoods catalogue obviously got a batch meant for Germany.
    It's a nice little plinker and I'm pretty sure the repeater was only .177.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Was also available without the 'repeater' function' as a single shot. Both 177 and 22 I believe, Nice little plinkers. Ours have grooves for a scope.... not sure is early ones had grooves. Watch out for: the 'plastic stock' isn't cracked.
    Cheers, Phil
    Intresting, how do I identify the differences between them? I think I'd prefer it as a repeater if theres not a massive price tag associated to it. Cracked stock doesn't faze me too much aslong as its all there as I can either Falloutify it or make a Wooden replacment should it not effect function.

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    So I should be looking for it as an ASI here then?
    Now that's a good one because I have seen paratroopers as pukka Gamo. I have not seen a Gamo repeater but that does not mean they never made them.
    Search for both.
    Ggggr knows about them.

Here is a link to youtube slightly different to mine because there is only a plastic pistol grip and mine has an integral fore end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5XA5BW-1fU&t=48s
    Last edited by Dornfelderliebe; 20-03-2024 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Mine is low powered. I always wondered why until in recent times I found out what the F inside a pentagon meant. Littlewoods catalogue obviously got a batch meant for Germany.
    It's a nice little plinker and I'm pretty sure the repeater was only .177.
    Power I don't mind too much as one of my Favourite guns is a Daisy Red Ryder which is definately no powerhouse, if its low enough it'd be handy for the indoor range.
    Littlewoods Catalouge, that takes me back, mine was sort of a dual thing with Index with both going the way of the Dodo once Amazon became a thing, last thing I think I got from there was my Airhogs plane, a air motor powered uncontrolable fast moving thing that far surpassed it's supposed distance resulting in me having to chase it through several streets on one occasion as it decided to leave the playng fields.

As far as I knew, Gamo was the manufacturer and ASI the UK importer at the time. Guessing all officially imported ones will be ASI branded. Maybe better to search both when you start your quest?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    As far as I knew, Gamo was the manufacturer and ASI the UK importer at the time. Guessing all officially imported ones will be ASI branded. Maybe better to search both when you start your quest?
    exactly...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Alright search both, got it.
    So I just need to learn to diffrentiate models so I get a repeater (If its not drastically expensive), learn theres anymore faults to look for then just cracked stock plastics and what a fair price to pay would be.

Thanks Gents.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I can't help thinking that sooner or later you're going to want a serious rifle, and your collection of red Ryder and Paratrooper will just be in the way. If you're prepared to look around there are some decent rifles, maybe unfashionable, but quality and with potential to tune into very sweet shooting.

An example, the Original 45. It's well made, not fashionable, but cheap and will last, the accuracy will be there for you when you need it.

I don't want to sound patronising, but I wouldn't want you to make the same mistakes I did - I once bought a Sussex Armoury Jackal, and a tub of Prometheus pellets.

I've got a realatively serious Rifle in the guise of the BSA Supersport and I've got a Welsh Willy kit for it as the mate who gave it to me told me off the other night for not fitting it yet (kicking up a ton of dust still so don't want to risk opening it until I've stopped and fully cleaned the area but it will get done pre bash), otherwise though I'm not massively into stuff like PCPs and match grades, I'm more a plinker than anything which is why I gravitate towards stuff like the Reps and fun guns.