Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamo Paratrooper

Didnt the early ones without the fore end have an adjustable trigger?
    The later ones had the hole for the screwdriver blanked out,they looked sleek but heavy trigger

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    The Repeater in the Video definately looks like it does, I'm cursed with Gorilla grip so I likely won't notice if one is a bit stiff but will probably feel if its set overly sensitive.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Have to ask; did any other rifles use that tube mag system ??

An old school mate of mine had a rifle with the tube on top but I'm sure it didn't have a pistol grip, would have been 1975-77 ish

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

An old school mate of mine had a rifle with the tube on top but I'm sure it didn't have a pistol grip, would have been 1975-77 ish
    That may well have been the ASI Sniper repeater, a conventional wood stocked rifle.
    I don't know of any other rifles with this layout.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

That was probably the Gamo Deltamatic.

had one years ago great for plinking

Repeater system reminds me of the one in the Daisy 25, similar principle but uses BBs instead of pellets.

Air Arms springers e.g Mistral, Bora and similar came with a similar 'repeater' option. Not sure about the EX88....

Cheers, Phil

I might have to take a look at those at somepoint, Magazine and repeaters are definately a plus to me as I find smaller pellets and BBs a bit fiddly (probably my only gripe with my 880 is getting pellets into the breech).
    I've started getting some wicked tooth ache in the last day or so, I'm going to see if it passes over the weekend but if not I might have to put any saving up for guns on hold for a while, still no harm in reasearching still though so I'm well prepared when the time comes and might take my mind off the toothache too.

Have .177 Paratrooper with tube mag since around mid 70's got in from £10 add in local rag,( those were the days) metal frame stock with plastic . Found pellet sensitive, jam or cuts bits off if pellets too tall for "sliding gate" feed transfer pellets from tube to breech. Imagine with Wear efficiency would drop as relies on metal to metal to seal cylinder to barrel. shot quite well,though bit clunky, never chrono'd, never had it apart, few drops oil on moving parts Occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyajonathan View Post
    Have .177 Paratrooper with tube mag since around mid 70's got in from £10 add in local rag,( those were the days) metal frame stock with plastic . Found pellet sensitive, jam or cuts bits off if pellets too tall for "sliding gate" feed transfer pellets from tube to breech. Imagine with Wear efficiency would drop as relies on metal to metal to seal cylinder to barrel. shot quite well,though bit clunky, never chrono'd, never had it apart, few drops oil on moving parts Occasionally
    I noticed this. The gun likes shorter pellets. Mine cycled old school Milbro caledonians but had jams with Marksmans. Someone on here has suggested using ball ammo.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Metal to metals not so bad aslong as it's well lubricated and not some random Pot metal.
    I think what I've currently got bar the pest controls should be alright but .177 isn't so bad to get a good amount of so a different tins no problem and can be factored into the budget (which I still need to figure out), don't think I'll have much luck in a local rags though as they stopped printing the ones round here.