Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kassnar Scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    These are badged scopes from Japan. The first year or so they seemed very clear and really good, if a bit expensive. It seems to me they then changed to keep to the target market price range; a change for the worse.
    The Beta range were their premium range.

Well, I've seem too many broken ones, including Beta examples. Their paint didn't hold up to much either and most now look tatty. To me the better early Tascos were as good if not better. I can't get excited about them.
    Now if anyone has a Tasco Euro, before they changed to a Titan/Mg 5 then they were great. I'm keeping a look out for a 4-16x40 Tasco TR too, the one with a plex not rangefinder reticule.
    I have a Tasco Euro 4x44, think steel body tube
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    These are badged scopes from Japan. The first year or so they seemed very clear and really good, if a bit expensive. It seems to me they then changed to keep to the target market price range; a change for the worse.
    The Beta range were their premium range.

Well, I've seem too many broken ones, including Beta examples. Their paint didn't hold up to much either and most now look tatty. To me the better early Tascos were as good if not better. I can't get excited about them.
    Now if anyone has a Tasco Euro, before they changed to a Titan/Mg 5 then they were great. I'm keeping a look out for a 4-16x40 Tasco TR too, the one with a plex not rangefinder reticule.
    I own and use a Kassnar 2-7x32 scope with the TV screen type view. It has been in my possession for more years than I remember, the paintwork on it is still in very good condition for its age which now must be pushing 40 years old.

Can't remember which one , either a 4x32 or 4x40
    TV screen on a new FWB124 MK1.
    Thought it was the business then...nice scope.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Just tinking here on the Tasco pronghorn gloss black scope. Where they any better than the std 3-9x40 Tasco scope of it's time

Cheers
    Daryl