The more I think about replicas of anything the most I end up in a conflicting hypocritical mess. I cast replica resin pistol grips and from the rear they are clearly a modern resin however I try to make them as authentic to the front as possible. I want to see these old pistols live again but I’m mindful that future custodians my be caught out by them and I have no wish to deceive. As a rule I do not agree though with replica pellet boxes unless so clearly marked so as to never cause confusion as to their origins. As mentioned earlier Chris Hough when he made some really did go the extra mile to make sure his could never be mistaken so I see that level of replica as ok. I’m not going to knock Protek as they are good guys but generally speaking replica boxes of the level they sell are way way to good or bad depending on your outlook and I can see future purchasers getting caught out. Then you get some of the Fleabay numpties with their dodgy looking boxes, I reported some not so long ago as being fake, they were being sold as “vintage and original” and in one set of photos you could clearly see the lid had never been folded it had no creases it was still a flat section of card and then in s following photo that same lid had been crudely folded over and stuffed inside the box. Fleabays highly trained team of pellet box experts deemed it pukka though so it remained listed ready to dupe the unwary.