Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light Triggers And Snatching

I think the advantage of a true two stage trigger is that it is safer due the the increased sear engagement prior to taking up the first stage. The pseudo two stage triggers are basically set on a knife edge to give a creep free 'second' stage. I also think that with heavier triggers its more difficult to gradually squeeze the shot off as due to the weight of pull it takes more time to release the shot which means holding aim for longer. I find it much easier with a light trigger but they can be too light.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    except that sometimes the trigger does not return if I abandon the shot before the second release stage.
    That can be easily tuned out with polishing and Molycote
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I think the advantage of a true two stage trigger is that it is safer due the the increased sear engagement prior to taking up the first stage. The pseudo two stage triggers are basically set on a knife edge to give a creep free 'second' stage. I also think that with heavier triggers its more difficult to gradually squeeze the shot off as due to the weight of pull it takes more time to release the shot which means holding aim for longer. I find it much easier with a light trigger but they can be too light.
    That's what I found with the two stage trigger I adjusted the other day, if I slowly pulled through the first stage, you could feel the stop and you could hold it until taking the shot but if you pulled through the first stage quickly then it tripped the sears, which sometimes I don't want to do, I think I only turned the screw about half a turn, just enough to stop them tripping but not enough to make it heavy and hard to release, thus pulling it off shot.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Good trigger should have a crisp consistent feel to it which gives confidence and is half the battle to shooting accurately.
    I explain to my son that it is like sprinters in a race.

You have done all the preliminary checks, distance, aim point, wind etc.
    On ya marks - This is settling the rifle into position, bringing the scope on target-ish and controlling the breathing.
    Get set - This is bringing the cross hairs to almost your aim point and taking up the first stage.
    Go - This is settling on the aim point and squeezing through the second stage, controllably, and holding the rifle until the scope settles back on target.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    What is a fake two stage trigger?

What is the advantage of a two stage trigger over the trigger on my Scorpion pistol which doesn't move until it fires after more than one and a half pounds force is exceeded? I like that type the most.
    I believe that the Webley Vulcan has a fake two stage trigger.
    It is explained in detail somewhere on here.
    Open Channel D