Good day gents.
I'm once again here to use the vast knowledge available to bail this yank out. I'm at my wits end with this R1. Its made 20 fpe in 22 and now I recently brought it down to 16 fpe in 22 caliber. To do so seems to takes more spring then makes sense. In any event to the best of my recollection it's always made this very audible metal ring or ping noise in the shot cycle. I've worked on a few other R1s and never remember them making this noise. I always associated the noise from this gun to being oversprung but it still makes it now that I brought it down to the same power as my 22 HW95. I'm starting to wonder if this noise could be associated with the suspected missing power. I can't find anything statically wrong with the sealing. It holds vacuum and pressure at any point in the seal travel. Yet the gun is still slammy feeling as if the TP is too big or piston seal is ruptured.

It makes the noise unscoped
It's had several different piston seals and springs.
It has a Vortek PG4 kit in it.
It's not the cocking arm.

I made a video of the gun to record the sound but for the life of me I can't figure out how to post it here. I suspect the noise is from the Comp tube or possibly the piston. Unfortunately I don't have spares to swap out.

This rifle has been a thorn in my side since I got it. It has been run in three different calibers, with two different spring kits, broken a Dampa mount and an Airmax scope. Something just isn't right with this thing. It's just my nemesis. Please help me if you can.

Thanks all
Ron