Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aldi Bargins

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    No offence to anyone or thier religion but theres been quite a few peadofiles been caught from the church, Your answer to me buying bacon is exactly the same as me saying anyone who goes to church is funding or happy with peadofiles, That's my view of course, I'm entitled to that , Same as your views on me buying bacon,
    Sorry but that is a ridiculous comparison if you are concerned about your Church there is a staggering 45,000 denominations globally to choose from, in comparison 90% of pigs in the UK are killed by gassing. It causes agony as the carbon dioxide gas forms an acid on their eyes, nostrils, mouths and lungs with evidence shown in the amazon film link that I posted. In the UK, over 10 million pigs are slaughtered for meat every year and the only reason is because they get money for bacon supply and demand.
    The public just don't know the facts but soon will I think

Just as a friendly side note I don't know how old you are but have you had your cholesterol checked lately most pig eaters and high dairy consumers over a certain age seem to take statin tablets, but I hope your cholesterol is OK anyway

How quickly do the pigs go unconscious?
    From farm, to truck, to unconscious, has been thought through. Once unconscious the pig knows nothing.
    I would expect the high voltage stun method to be even more instantaneous. Or the bolt gun to the brain.
    All when done correctly, swifter than anything nature has come up with.

I will try to watch the whole film. If there is cruelty then that will be due be poor application of the method, and not the method.
    If the emphasis is about eating meat, then eating meat has a finality that goes with it. No other predator animal gives any thought about such issues as they are hungry and need to eat. It is a fundamental part of the natural world order, just ask any parasite.

(There are pedos in every part of society.) They are natural too, but we aren't going to tolerate their actions.)

To eat meat own the process, its the natural process of things and anything else is alternative.
    Last edited by Muskett; 29-03-2024 at 11:56 PM.

I have canines and molars. And I use them both. I lean towards meat and I shoot it and prep it.

Anyone is welcome to their lifestyle choices but I am.more than capable of looking at all sides. What I can't abide is when others say I need to do this or that.

As it goes, more evil and cruelty has been done under the name of one god or another.

The catholic church - purely as an example as.there all.as bad as each other have been sexually abusing children and assisting the Nazis escape or forcing single mothers to part with their new borne for generations.

Christian, muslim, orthodox, exotic etc. Non are.free.from cruelty and abuse.

Nature is both beautiful and extremely ugly. Nature created creatures that.consume other animals. If you think an animal.being stunned is cruel then consider for example, african wild dogs that start consuming while the prey is most definitely very much alive.

If you don't hunt then fine. Your view is respected but that does not mean people appreciate your personal agendas being foisted on them.

Just go in peace and let others do what they want to do.

Always good to be aware that when push comes to shove, vegetarians and vegans are the nearest thing to organic food!!!😉🤣😋
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post

Just go in peace and let others do what they want to do.
    Yeah, lets shoot rabbits at 100 yards with a meater with open sights who cares just let us do what we like.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Yeah, lets shoot rabbits at 100 yards with a meater with open sights who cares just let us do what we like.
    No one has said that. Only you. You can give a better argument than that I know.
    There are idiots everywhere. Who let loose the mink, that have caused devastation in the UK a few years back?

Then there is the impending import ban of hunting trophies. Well, hundreds and thousands of wild animals are kept in hunting estates to hunt. If these estates can't find clients to pay, the animals have no use. May as well plant maize. That to me is a loss of thousands of acres holding some wildlife, and a bank of species that aren't doing that well outside these fences. No one has come up with a better system to give wildlife value. Half the lions in the world are behind bars, so without hunting giving them some value, half would be gone with a flick of a political pen. No one tolerates a lion in their back yard without a financial reason. What conservation group comes up with as much money and a sustainable working plan?

Air rifle hunting has made advances especially delivering the accuracy required for "clean kills". Gone are the days when a solid hit was enough and the farm dog or cat could clear up afterwards. A catapult was perfectly adequate around the farmyard not so long ago, and was how young lads earned a packet of sweets for every tail collected. (Now its play video games, and the sweets are free.)

When life was starker most people were less squeamish, loads of people had their own pig, and once a year would slaughter it with a pig sticker knife and share it with their neighbours. Meat was more a luxury food, and all food took a whole lot more graft.
    Now it is wander down to your supermarket and get your pre packed meat or pre packed nuts grown abroad. Someone else has grafted to grow them.

I like the progress that has been made.
    I do worry that the more we are detached from the natural world the more "superior" we believe us to be, and the less we care about the natural world. Scant resources and money is spent on conservation, and what is is token.
    Lifestyle choice can be vegan or vegetarian, fill your boots. Though please no need to lecture.
    I do wish that when taking the natural bounty best practices are used, be that the slaughter house, or the amount of bye-catch thrown overboard. When humans do industrial harvesting, lets have some thought and show some respect.
    Palm Oil and Avocados are all in fashion. Name your nut. At the volume demanded they are not effect free on the natural planet.
    Be it vegan, vegetarian, or "animal lover", they are no better than the mainstream and in some cases their arguments poorly thought through. Some cases do more harm than good.
    Much, as I have tried to indicate, is how distant people have got from the natural world. We need to be more careful, and look more deeply to the sophistication of some of the issues.

Have a plinking good time, and if you hunt then show some respect.
    Last edited by Muskett; 30-03-2024 at 12:40 AM.

As above , we all have views, I hate the thought of dogs in cages in houses etc, I find it quite upsetting that these are even on sale, Just tugs at me for some reason, I do understand though people use these for dogs and Maybe for good reason, We all have our views and quite entitled to them. People are starving, Getting killed , raped, bullied. Animals have a cruel life but thinking of all the bad in the world ain't very healthy. Maybe the wrong thing but I try and blank out as much bad in life as I can, Not because I dont care but its not healthy, We have never exposed our children to any sort of religion or politics etc etc, Just tried to give them a loving home rather than feed them with bad, Not sure if its healthy to make them aware of the nasties in life, Not while thier young anyway,

As above , we all have views, I hate the thought of dogs in cages in houses etc, I find it quite upsetting that these are even on sale, Just tugs at me for some reason, I do understand though people use these for dogs and Maybe for good reason, We all have our views and quite entitled to them. People are starving, Getting killed , raped, bullied. Animals have a cruel life but thinking of all the bad in the world ain't very healthy. Maybe the wrong thing but I try and blank out as much bad in life as I can, Not because I dont care but its not healthy, We have never exposed our children to any sort of religion or politics etc etc, Just tried to give them a loving home rather than feed them with bad, Not sure if its healthy to make them aware of the nasties in life, Not while thier young anyway,
    I agree with much of what you say.
    I try my best, on my patch, to keep the bad at bay. However, when it comes to my children then part of the their education is exposing the bad out there. Having pets fast instructs them nothing lives forever, and with a well loved pet how it hurts when one goes.
    The military train for war, but no one wants one. War is beastly and stark.
    Hunting can be a lot of fun, but the finality of a successful hunt should hold respect for the natural bounty taken.
    Absolutely humans are the top if the chain, but with that position have a lot of responsibility, and must give a lot of thought and show respect for what they are doing. Those I tried to instil in my children, and having them get close to nature was an important part of their education. A sterile, synthetic, risk free environment is no education at all.

ATB all. Happy Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    I agree with much of what you say.

ATB all. Happy Easter.
    Pleased to hear you guys like Dogs so you might be pleased to hear that there is now a Vegan society in China.

I had a dog like yours when the dog that I have now was a pup

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Pretty rubbish answer. And ignore the full points of the post.

You don't like animals being killed. Ok, I think we ALL get that. But that is only your opinion and man has been meat eaters from day 1. As much as it offends, you have your views but you most certainly are not in the majority.

You think a plant, vegetable fruit isnt a living organism. Who gave you the right to kill them? So again, polite request, you have pummeled the subject to death so just move along the bus.... oh well maybe not as Yeovil pretty much dont have buses anymore. But you know what I mean
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Think that's just religion pushing that. No death is a happy death, Just eat it,
    Barbiturates are meant to be a nice way to go. I recon it'll make a nice happy meal too.

Bought a leg of sheep yesterday, I eat mostly pig but sheep is ok for a change. Seemed a good price for the size.
    Lambs generally have a nicer much life than a Pig. A Pig being of far superior intelligence too, shame really, but as said hey ho.
    Lamb also is a far far cleaner meat, no growth additives, no antibiotics and in many cases pretty organic. Down side, pretty high cholesterol, for those who are bothered by that.
    And for those that really care, true Halal should produce meat that is reared as purely as possible and that the animal should die without fear. Oh and a geezer with a beard should say a few hail Mary's, or summit like that

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Pretty rubbish answer. And ignore the full points of the post.

You don't like animals being killed. Ok, I think we ALL get that. But that is only your opinion and man has been meat eaters from day 1. As much as it offends, you have your views but you most certainly are not in the majority.

You think a plant, vegetable fruit isnt a living organism. Who gave you the right to kill them? So again, polite request, you have pummeled the subject to death so just move along the bus.... oh well maybe not as Yeovil pretty much dont have buses anymore. But you know what I mean
    I wasn't going to make any more comments on this thread about the subject even though some have engaged in a respectful debate

But as your post is so ridiculous and strange I wondered if you are on medication.

Are you really suggesting it's the same killing a banana, bean, quinoa etc. as it is a highly intelligent animal equal to a dog such as a pig with carbon dioxide gas and saying who gave me the right to kill a grain of rice, perhaps you think that a carrot has a brain LOL

And what's all this about humans eating meat from day 1, when was day one 1 for humans I would like to know when that was along with many scientists.

OfCourse, man eat meat over many thousands of years for survival along with many other savage things.

Anyway, you are only jealous because you can't shoot springers and don't have a 460 it puts you in a bad stroppy mood

Gassing pigs to save a few pennies on slaughter costs are the actions of a flawed and psychopathic food chain. I have seen videos of pigs shrieking and clambering over each other desperately for a long time until they pass out. The pigs are compressed in clamps, yet still wriggled on top of each other. I instantly stopped buying supermarket pork after seeing that video. 79% of UK pigs are gassed in this way. And a number of chickens too.
    Last edited by silva; 01-04-2024 at 09:20 AM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Wow

From Aldi bargains to this
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Sid66 View Post
    Mrs Sid66 been to Aldi some bargins to be had in angling section water proof overtrousers / Neoprene gloves with foldback fingers lovely and warm / thermal t shirts all around the tenner mark
    The gloves are a real bargain, had a couple of pairs over the year and put them through a lot of use
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots