Thread: Tempest prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tempest prices

I'm not very good with computers and the like and the wife has to get me onto sites. I've been interested in gettting a tempest recently and have been looking around for one. Ideally a boxed one would be the thing, at the right price. I was looking at another site and saw one advetized for £180 plus post. Surely that is well over the top for an unboxed gun?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    I'm not very good with computers and the like and the wife has to get me onto sites. I've been interested in gettting a tempest recently and have been looking around for one. Ideally a boxed one would be the thing, at the right price. I was looking at another site and saw one advetized for £180 plus post. Surely that is well over the top for an unboxed gun?
    I would agree with you .

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

pjbingham is online now My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    £180 should get you an boxed brummie Tempest in pretty much as good as new condition.

It depends where you buy from. £180 is more of a shop retail price, but there are plenty of decent boxed Birmingham Tempests out there, so be patient for a little longer. A decent unboxed one would be about £120-£140 posted from a private seller. If you pop an ad in wanted section on this site you may well get some response. Good luck - they are great little pistols.

The last UK production run were sold for £120 in a brown box. There were a lot sold. Anything above £140 should be virtually mint. More then mint and the older retail pictured box with extras.
    Just a good example then £80 to £100.
    Great guns.

I have an unfired brown box tempest that I paid £275 for from a dealer and an as new older black boxed tempest with a paperwork and accesories that I paid £250 for as a private sale

They seem to be going up I price lately so expect to pay £200-250 for a nice boxed example
    £140-170 for a tidy unboxed example and £100-£120 for a used working condition example