Thread: Tempest prices

Tempest prices

I'm not very good with computers and the like and the wife has to get me onto sites. I've been interested in gettting a tempest recently and have been looking around for one. Ideally a boxed one would be the thing, at the right price. I was looking at another site and saw one advetized for £180 plus post. Surely that is well over the top for an unboxed gun?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    I'm not very good with computers and the like and the wife has to get me onto sites. I've been interested in gettting a tempest recently and have been looking around for one. Ideally a boxed one would be the thing, at the right price. I was looking at another site and saw one advetized for £180 plus post. Surely that is well over the top for an unboxed gun?
    I would agree with you .

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    £180 should get you an boxed brummie Tempest in pretty much as good as new condition.

It depends where you buy from. £180 is more of a shop retail price, but there are plenty of decent boxed Birmingham Tempests out there, so be patient for a little longer. A decent unboxed one would be about £120-£140 posted from a private seller. If you pop an ad in wanted section on this site you may well get some response. Good luck - they are great little pistols.

The last UK production run were sold for £120 in a brown box. There were a lot sold. Anything above £140 should be virtually mint. More then mint and the older retail pictured box with extras.
    Just a good example then £80 to £100.
    Great guns.

I have an unfired brown box tempest that I paid £275 for from a dealer and an as new older black boxed tempest with a paperwork and accesories that I paid £250 for as a private sale

They seem to be going up I price lately so expect to pay £200-250 for a nice boxed example
    £140-170 for a tidy unboxed example and £100-£120 for a used working condition example

Tempest.

Most certainly £180 to £200 for a unboxed nearly new example is about the right price. But a basic near new boxed one would be £250, in a original deluxe Webley box a bit more £275 280. Like said prices are doing well you can not buy a new one from Webley G.B. The name went to Turkey. I have sold a few at these prices with very satisfied buyers.

Tempest

Hi I have a boxed example, not mint as the white lettering is faded manual/Allen key & spare seal i can send pics by email
    Regards
    Ken

Time flies. Last May I bought a mint unboxed Tempest on here for £125 posted from HW777

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...hlight=Tempest

For comparison, a gun shop I use in Broadway has a near mint (I’ve seen it) late Hurricane in brown box with papers, pellets etc for £295

seem to be going up in price

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Perkin Guns currently have a nice condition unboxed one for £130 (http://perkinguns.co.uk/nvn-22/) and a boxed one with literature for £215 ( http://perkinguns.co.uk/nvn-22/), which are not bad prices for a dealer. There is the usual problem of delivery of course, if you do not live in the vicinity (Staverton Northants.), and they charge an extra £30 to send to your local rfd.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Perkin Guns currently have a nice condition unboxed one for £130 (http://perkinguns.co.uk/nvn-22/) and a boxed one with literature for £215 ( http://perkinguns.co.uk/nvn-22/), which are not bad prices for a dealer. There is the usual problem of delivery of course, if you do not live in the vicinity (Staverton Northants.), and they charge an extra £30 to send to your local rfd.
    I bought both the above tempest and hurricane from perkins,they have a nice selection of classic pistols,a little on the expensive side,even for a dealer but if you want something that's not easy to get then you have to pay whatever price it is to buy it I guess although I always try to buy private if I can

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I have an early boxed Tempest available @ £165 including UK post.
    The grey card postal slip case is also included.
    There are only a few pellets remaining in the tin.
    ]
    Bargain their for someone 👍