Thread: Rekord sear polishing recommendations

Rekord sear polishing recommendations

Is there anyone on this forum who can be recommended for Rekord sear polishing please?

Is Blackmax ( Britseals) on here ? He's most people's choice for sorting rekord triggers.

Rekord

Luke Jolly used to do a nice job. Mach 1.5

Yep, Luke's fettled Rekords always felt nice when I tried them.

What is it you're wanting to achieve though, Matt? For my own use, I've always been happy to just degrease the units (the factory grease being quite gloopy and becoming very gunky over time), lightly lubricate with thin / machine oil and adjust.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, Luke's fettled Rekords always felt nice when I tried them.

What is it you're wanting to achieve though, Matt? For my own use, I've always been happy to just degrease the units (the factory grease being quite gloopy and becoming very gunky over time), lightly lubricate with thin / machine oil and adjust.
    I've come from the world of bell target, the Rekord is probably the best of any full power springer. I have a few tuned Wh's, I'm guessing that the triggers have been fettled, it has made a difference. I could take one of those apart and see but that means disassembly of two units which is a faff in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by matt w View Post
    I've come from the world of bell target, the Rekord is probably the best of any full power springer. I have a few tuned Wh's, I'm guessing that the triggers have been fettled, it has made a difference. I could take one of those apart and see but that means disassembly of two units which is a faff in itself.
    If you get stuck I've done quite a few. After cleaning, probably the biggest difference you can make is through moving the blade pivot forward.
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

I've heard that before and it's probably one of the things that Luke Jolly did.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by matt w View Post
    You will find some useful video tutorials on line if you want to strip them. Doesn't look too tricky. One of the best I'd seen was from Neil @ Shooting at Dawn.

Personally, though, I've never felt the need, as said previously. I just de-gunk, oil, adjust & go.

You will find some useful video tutorials on line if you want to strip them. Doesn't look too tricky. One of the best I'd seen was from Neil @ Shooting at Dawn.

Personally, though, I've never felt the need, as said previously. I just de-gunk, oil, adjust & go.
    Don't see Neil on here much anymore
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Yep I followed Neil's YouTube guides to strip and rebuild mine. Very good explanation. After I'd exhausted all the other tinkering options, Luke kindly helped me get the pivot point moved and I'm very happy with the trigger pull now.

Neil has always been a keen darts player, but now that seems to be his sport of choice, as regards, the title Shooting at Dawn, Dawn is his wife....

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Don't see Neil on here much anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Neil has always been a keen darts player, but now that seems to be his sport of choice, as regards, the title Shooting at Dawn, Dawn is his wife....
    Yep, went over to their lovely house once, when he made the Predator video.

Lovely couple. And well into (and high up in) darts.

Really funny when he brings his Steyr to The Bash.

He wasn't so amused when the crazed guinea fowl attacked his car!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

He wasn't so amused when the crazed guinea fowl attacked his car!
    Oh yeah, shouldn’t laugh, I’d forgotten about that.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Ex V-Mach tuner Lyn from ARC would be my first choice