Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printable stock patterns?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Bay doesn't allow parts on the UK page and won't let you order with a UK account but yes a Used stock could be an option.
    stocks are allowed and widely sold on there... as are many other parts. Triggers and barrels can get them excited though..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I was stuck indoors with a cold earlier in the year and did a lot of 'kitchen table' stuff including a trial of a slingshot rifle below. In the absence of any recoil, I found that a stock or butt plate addition would have only been cosmetic. The main problem with this design was that the bands were not stretched enough to give good performance, although it was still hard to cock at that draw length. What it really needs is a cocking system/sliding trigger unit improvement.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    That's what I'm working on in my head, I want to beat what I'd be capable of using my arms and being the size I am thats a fairly big draw, I want to figure out how to ease the cocking method as much as possible as well.
    My work area ironically is a comandeered Ironing board that also gets the indoor range set up on it.

Stocks on the bay, alright I'll have a look but even when I tried a sight before it had a full on fit.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I'm making a cross bow like thing, using pulleys at the front, to get a really long power stroke, with elastic to the rear rather than a crossbow limb. That enables the elastic to be pre-tensioned as required, and still get a good draw length.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Guessing like a Compound Pulley set up? Might be more than I can manage but definately would like to see that

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Guessing like a Compound Pulley set up? Might be more than I can manage but definately would like to see that
    just round pulleys.. this is a simple version (easiest pic I could find)

I see, looks quite clever and well made.