Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printable stock patterns?

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed

Printable stock patterns?

Technically maybe not an Airgun but just an Airgun part, Joffy mentioned to me the other day parts for a Slingshot rifle and I've been pondering on how to make it ever since, I know I don't want to make it Fowler style as it'll be difficult for me to cock and load so ideally I want to maybe have something like a pump action or lever on a one piece stock, are there printable patterns for them out there that I can look at and maybe adapt from a conventional rifle or Air Rifle into a Slingshot rifle?

Blanks seemed a little pricey for what I can afford when I had a brief look so I'll be more than likely needing to shape it myself, figured out the sling part in my head as thats the easy bit, just get a premade set of forks or adapt an existing Catty frame to bolt on the front of the stock which will be as far forward as possible as ideally this thing should be more capable than what a hand drawn one should achieve.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Thumbs up

them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I can't 3D print sadly, was thinking more a paper pattern to draw out onto wood that I could shape by hand, I did watch one made with scrap metal and engine parts that looked pretty cool but I'm not able to weld and probably would burn the house down if I tried in lol.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    I can't 3D print sadly, was thinking more a paper pattern to draw out onto wood that I could shape by hand, I did watch one made with scrap metal and engine parts that looked pretty cool but I'm not able to weld and probably would burn the house down if I tried in lol.
    I'll measure this trigger block up that I have here for you.....its the forks that you might have trouble with

Thumbs up

The 3d picture was just something to aim for

I did watch that one, forks wont be a problem as we can buy something premade for the job, other thing I'm figuring out is how I can make the reloading easier and potentially able to provide a bigger punch than what my normal hand draw could.
    Worst comes to worst the Original 25s stock is still off, I can trace its outline and scale up where it's needed to be longer or beefier, maybe inlaying some steel plate for bracing.

I reckon we could make quite a cannon if we can get it to work.

Cheers, the mech should fit into a traditional sized stock which a can through bolt and add a plate for strength, just thinking how I can make something to do the draw and lock it into the mech, possibly with a Magazine to load a BB into the sling as its pulled back.

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Cheers, the mech should fit into a traditional sized stock which a can through bolt and add a plate for strength, just thinking how I can make something to do the draw and lock it into the mech, possibly with a Magazine to load a BB into the sling as its pulled back.
    The 2 front pins move when fired .....the trigger then locks the pins so you can load the ball bearing and pouch into it ....the two front pins holds back the bearing etc

When the triggers released the pins go back to their normal cocked position

I'm sort of getting an idea how it could work in my head, main workings of the recocking mech will be overtop to avoid fouling on the jaws as they lock closed and possibly trigger the mag as it passes and can be operated with a grip underneath to make operation less strenious.
    I'm still full of cold and this Gum infection but I'll get some rough design sketches done to plan things out.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    just find any old cheap stock on the bay.. you are only going to chop it around anyways..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    just find any old cheap stock on the bay.. you are only going to chop it around anyways..
    I have a 1022 stock here just incase

Bay doesn't allow parts on the UK page and won't let you order with a UK account but yes a Used stock could be an option.