Thread: Alternatives to RWS Hobby .22 cal.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    This is going to sound a bit weird, but I really enjoy opening a tin of RWS Hobby's, there's something about the ribs, the rebate in the tail, the angle around the head, the overall sharpness of the manufacture, that really sums up what a pellet should look like.

I guess it must be rooted in my first experiences of shooting air rifles, a target shooting club in a church hall in Dartford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I knew it would

A friend of mine gave up smoking, he says that the bit he missed most was opening a new packet and seeing the cigarettes all pristine and neat in the box. Opening a tin of pellets is a bit like that for me.
    I'm like that, too!

I love the look of those shiny new pellets looking all cosy, nestling in the tin with their buddies.

And I'll never forget my first experience with the Hobby (and Diablo). I was fifteen at the time and had my first 35. We had very few shops closeby selling airguns / related gear, so a friend and I went to Sheffield on the train. Visited Sugg Sports and Guns & Ammo.

When I first opened my first tin of Hobby, it was the ribbing and the recessing details that stood out as well as the "heavy", thick scent and the dark look. I still remember it like yesterday. Wasps, I seem to remember, had a "sharper / crisper" smell?
    Last edited by TonyL; 28-03-2024 at 07:03 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!