Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Chronographs

Cheap Chronographs

Bought a Skan chronograph years ago where you shoot through a 2inch hole through the middle of the machine, being 30 years old the electronics are give and take between shots, most probably the sensors need cleaning. I was thinking of buying a new chrono and was looking at the cheapo ones on Fleaybay from China, there seems to be two types, one where you shoot through a hole like the skan and the other F1 type with Y shape rods you shoot through. Are they any good or just junk. I don't want a chrono where you bolt it to the end of the guns muzzle and have to use a phone app to use it.

I've just ordered the cheap one from the bay and will be able to say in a while but somebody said they were ok only a few days ago.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you want something a bit better than a disposible chinky, check the bereavement sale thread in sales.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The Chinese ones do the job nicely. Easy to repair if you accidentally shoot the led off too

Chrono

The Chinese ones are quite good or at least mine was until I shot the end sensor !

Quote Originally Posted by ali d View Post
    The Chinese ones are quite good or at least mine was until I shot the end sensor !
    Which is why I'm getting another.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

I got one of these a while back, cheap as chips & works very well. You program in the calibre & pellet weight & it gives you the power in joules, showing the pellet velocity too. Charges from a usb socket.

You don't need a smart phone to use it either.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006122966146.html
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

All I'm going to say is get one big enough to aim through, so whenever you're plinking targets you can chrono at the same time.
    That's why I like the big V frame types.

I must be of the lucky ones !, i have a cheapy china chrono works very well and ive never shot it yet!!, would i buy another ,,yes i would it works as well as the expensive club one that we have.

Yes the Chinese ones work well.
    work well.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

I shot the far LED out on my Chinese open frame one, dead easy to replace and the LED's cost pence.

Buy an LMBR , and you know you have a quality product, and it has a big area to shoot through. and no worries about it working ok.

I still have my Target Tronics PM110, which like a Skan is a little harder to line up but works very well. The LMBR is a superb piece of kit.
    I wouldnt look at the chinese stuff.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    I got one of these a while back, cheap as chips & works very well. You program in the calibre & pellet weight & it gives you the power in joules, showing the pellet velocity too. Charges from a usb socket.

You don't need a smart phone to use it either.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006122966146.html
    Bought one give it a try, cant go wrong with price.

Just get one of these £15 and free shipping in about 10 days. https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...tlist.search.0

They work great and AliX shipping and back up is getting better and better. Sometimes under a week from China. I’ve maybe a 100 orders in the last few years and any issues are sorted super quick always siding with the buyer.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Whats it like dealing with aliexpress, is the shipping reasonable any one have issues with them.