Thread: Cheap Chronographs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ali d View Post
    The Chinese ones are quite good or at least mine was until I shot the end sensor !
    Which is why I'm getting another.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

I got one of these a while back, cheap as chips & works very well. You program in the calibre & pellet weight & it gives you the power in joules, showing the pellet velocity too. Charges from a usb socket.

You don't need a smart phone to use it either.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006122966146.html
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

All I'm going to say is get one big enough to aim through, so whenever you're plinking targets you can chrono at the same time.
    That's why I like the big V frame types.

I must be of the lucky ones !, i have a cheapy china chrono works very well and ive never shot it yet!!, would i buy another ,,yes i would it works as well as the expensive club one that we have.

Yes the Chinese ones work well.
    work well.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

I shot the far LED out on my Chinese open frame one, dead easy to replace and the LED's cost pence.

Buy an LMBR , and you know you have a quality product, and it has a big area to shoot through. and no worries about it working ok.

I still have my Target Tronics PM110, which like a Skan is a little harder to line up but works very well. The LMBR is a superb piece of kit.
    I wouldnt look at the chinese stuff.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    I got one of these a while back, cheap as chips & works very well. You program in the calibre & pellet weight & it gives you the power in joules, showing the pellet velocity too. Charges from a usb socket.

You don't need a smart phone to use it either.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006122966146.html
    Bought one give it a try, cant go wrong with price.

Just get one of these £15 and free shipping in about 10 days. https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...tlist.search.0

They work great and AliX shipping and back up is getting better and better. Sometimes under a week from China. I’ve maybe a 100 orders in the last few years and any issues are sorted super quick always siding with the buyer.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Whats it like dealing with aliexpress, is the shipping reasonable any one have issues with them.

Chronograph

This model has given me excellent results for several years.

https://www.bing.com/shop/productpag...11&FORM=SSAPC1

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Whats it like dealing with aliexpress, is the shipping reasonable any one have issues with them.
    IME impressive, just like any marketplace there are good and bad dealers but especially this last year they have seriously upped the game. Buy the ‘Choice’ stuff and over $10 then the order is free 10 day shipping, pretty silly value really. I’ve had some stuff in 5 or 6 days. Always discount vouchers available.

Any issues then just like Flebay or Amazon you report and describe the issue with a pic or whatever and they sort it out. Again, just my experience from a few years and maybe 100 or so orders, a few problems but always more than sorted to my satisfaction without delay. An order I put in for 6 or so items two weeks ago - two $3 items were not shipped on time so they issued a $1 credit per item just for the delay.

Hard to argue but I fully understand why many would want nothing to do with China direct even though as we all know a huge majority of Western goods originate there.
    Last edited by felix gunner; 27-03-2024 at 11:32 PM.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

ive got a E9800-X like this below , works fine and reads FPS and joules , easy to convert to ft/lbs using online calculator .
    it doesnt like bright sunshine and works much better on a cloudy day or in the shade , fits any average camera tripod . :

https://www./itm/144019571187?_trkpa...MBX1SQSYBSTTAG
    Last edited by g5wqian; 28-03-2024 at 06:07 AM. Reason: link correction

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    IME impressive, just like any marketplace there are good and bad dealers but especially this last year they have seriously upped the game. Buy the ‘Choice’ stuff and over $10 then the order is free 10 day shipping, pretty silly value really. I’ve had some stuff in 5 or 6 days. Always discount vouchers available.

Any issues then just like Flebay or Amazon you report and describe the issue with a pic or whatever and they sort it out. Again, just my experience from a few years and maybe 100 or so orders, a few problems but always more than sorted to my satisfaction without delay. An order I put in for 6 or so items two weeks ago - two $3 items were not shipped on time so they issued a $1 credit per item just for the delay.

Hard to argue but I fully understand why many would want nothing to do with China direct even though as we all know a huge majority of Western goods originate there.
    Agreed, impressive. I've bought lots of admittedly lowish value items through them and never had a problem. Though I may be wrong, I understand that Ali holds the money you pay in escrow until you confirm satisfactory reception of goods and only then do they xfer it to the seller. Motorcycle accesories come out at half or less of the UK based sellers prices, for the same items, yet some still seem to believe that the more expensive suppliers give better quality!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.