Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Chronographs

Chronograph

This model has given me excellent results for several years.

https://www.bing.com/shop/productpag...11&FORM=SSAPC1

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Whats it like dealing with aliexpress, is the shipping reasonable any one have issues with them.
    IME impressive, just like any marketplace there are good and bad dealers but especially this last year they have seriously upped the game. Buy the ‘Choice’ stuff and over $10 then the order is free 10 day shipping, pretty silly value really. I’ve had some stuff in 5 or 6 days. Always discount vouchers available.

Any issues then just like Flebay or Amazon you report and describe the issue with a pic or whatever and they sort it out. Again, just my experience from a few years and maybe 100 or so orders, a few problems but always more than sorted to my satisfaction without delay. An order I put in for 6 or so items two weeks ago - two $3 items were not shipped on time so they issued a $1 credit per item just for the delay.

Hard to argue but I fully understand why many would want nothing to do with China direct even though as we all know a huge majority of Western goods originate there.
    Last edited by felix gunner; 27-03-2024 at 11:32 PM.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

ive got a E9800-X like this below , works fine and reads FPS and joules , easy to convert to ft/lbs using online calculator .
    it doesnt like bright sunshine and works much better on a cloudy day or in the shade , fits any average camera tripod . :

https://www./itm/144019571187?_trkpa...MBX1SQSYBSTTAG
    Last edited by g5wqian; 28-03-2024 at 06:07 AM. Reason: link correction

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by g5wqian View Post
    ive got a E9800-X like this below , works fine and reads FPS and joules , easy to convert to ft/lbs using online calculator .

it doesnt like bright sunshine and works much better on a cloudy day or in the shade , fits any average camera tripod
    The link doesn't work for me.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    IME impressive, just like any marketplace there are good and bad dealers but especially this last year they have seriously upped the game. Buy the ‘Choice’ stuff and over $10 then the order is free 10 day shipping, pretty silly value really. I’ve had some stuff in 5 or 6 days. Always discount vouchers available.

Any issues then just like Flebay or Amazon you report and describe the issue with a pic or whatever and they sort it out. Again, just my experience from a few years and maybe 100 or so orders, a few problems but always more than sorted to my satisfaction without delay. An order I put in for 6 or so items two weeks ago - two $3 items were not shipped on time so they issued a $1 credit per item just for the delay.

Hard to argue but I fully understand why many would want nothing to do with China direct even though as we all know a huge majority of Western goods originate there.
    Agreed, impressive. I've bought lots of admittedly lowish value items through them and never had a problem. Though I may be wrong, I understand that Ali holds the money you pay in escrow until you confirm satisfactory reception of goods and only then do they xfer it to the seller. Motorcycle accesories come out at half or less of the UK based sellers prices, for the same items, yet some still seem to believe that the more expensive suppliers give better quality!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

What payment do you pay with when buying with Aliexpress.

I’ve had a x3005 chrono for a couple of years and up until a month ago it’s been perfect, I think having it on the end of springers has shook the screen and sometimes it goes off but i see this as I’ve caused it myself due to it taking the recoil and I will buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I’ve had a x3005 chrono for a couple of years and up until a month ago it’s been perfect, I think having it on the end of springers has shook the screen and sometimes it goes off but i see this as I’ve caused it myself due to it taking the recoil and I will buy another.
    That's what Ive got, dirt cheap off ali express . Much smaller than a lot of chronos & a lot simpler to use. Only down size is the energy is shown in joules, but there are converters online & 16.20 J = 12ft/lb
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    That's what Ive got, dirt cheap off ali express . Much smaller than a lot of chronos & a lot simpler to use. Only down size is the energy is shown in joules, but there are converters online & 16.20 J = 12ft/lb

Yes true about the joules its annoying it doesn’t show ftlb but I just stick the fps in a online calculator as you say.

Not sure if there are any electronic experts here the Skan Chronograph i bought years ago now seems to show now and then negative results from shots fired ie just a row of noughts than the numbers for the velocity, not sure if its a dirt problem on the sensors or a electronic component has degraded, years ago it was quite consistent, what do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    What payment do you pay with when buying with Aliexpress.
    Any credit card is fine but for the best money market rates and no exchange/admin fee I use a Halifax credit card which has no foreign transaction fees - there are many others too but always useful for any foreign transaction be it online or on hols in the EU etc. And select (and pay in) US dollars as the currency when on AliX too.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle