Thread: Webley playing cards?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    not seem any of them before

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    There was a double pack set on fleabay about 4 or 5 years ago that went for around £26 plus postage if I remember correctly. I missed the end of the auction due to work so sadly missed out. I don’t recall the colour combination.

A single orange pack sold on in 2004 for £265. It was mint and still sealed which accounted for the price. Probably the only one like it?

Thanks all for the info,sadly don't have Chris thrales rifle book as I'm a pistol man,but can't wait for him to release his webley pistol book
    But a twin pack on said pre 1979 and I was sure they must be earlier than that

Quote Originally Posted by Evostu View Post
    Thanks all for the info,sadly don't have Chris thrales rifle book as I'm a pistol man,but can't wait for him to release his webley pistol book
    But a twin pack on said pre 1979 and I was sure they must be earlier than that

They are, as I mention in my thread above, late 1940's to 1950's. The book has a large section covering all aspects of Webley memorabilia. It is worth having for that alone even if you hate rifles!

Apparently there is a copy currently on (line) sale at Southams?

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    They are, as I mention in my thread above, late 1940's to 1950's. The book has a large section covering all aspects of Webley memorabilia. It is worth having for that alone even if you hate rifles!

Apparently there is a copy currently on (line) sale at Southams?
    To be fair I have tried to get the book and have bid on several recently but they went for well over 100 which was my limit

They arrived
    Pretty cool for the webley collection,probably the best bargain I've ever had on lol