Thread: Strange repeater?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow - that’s some complex machining going on. Wonder why Holts are saying 1950’s? (Maybe family legend passed down to the current seller). I agree, it looks too modern. I know Holts photography can make things look better than in daylight, but it is a stunner. I’d fear the balance is a little front-heavy though.

Would love to know more about it. It almost looks too ‘finished’ (good) to be a prototype…

Keith said this on the other thread where I asked the same question:

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    Yes, I first saw that in Terry Robb's shop about ten years ago, he showed it to me. It was beautifully made obviously by a very skilled man. No identifying name or anything on it as to who made it. Terry suspected it was a homemade special & i agree. I tried to buy it at the time & offered £400 but he wouldnt sell.
    It was sold a few years later to one of our members the late Pete Basham, Pete pestered Terry for months & eventually managed to buy it.
    Pete passed away last year & his collection went to Holts for disposal. Quite a few of his air rifles & pistols were in the last auction & this one.
    I recognised a few. It was a sizeable collection & it doesnt take many that big to come onto the market to perhaps push the prices down a bit!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Can't find this on the bolts site. What page was it on?